Groups
    EXPIRED

Has anyone bought from this site before? http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/nikon-d5300-kit-with-18-55mm-vr-ii-lens-digital-slr-camera-black-en.html

Seem a lot cheaper than most places.
    Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

eglobalcentral.co.uk/con…tml

Note, HKT - Hong Kong Time. So not a UK seller.

No UK contact address

Q: How does the warranty work?A: As products are being imported from … Q: How does the warranty work?A: As products are being imported from overseas, the Original Warranty may not be applicable with your local dealer but eglobal central covers your item with our own 24-month warranty (12-month warranty for mobile, tablets and audio products) just as the original warranty. For more information, please refer to our Warranty Policy.

So as good as non existent, Easily a small fortune in returns costs if it happens to be dead on arrival and you'll have to foot that bill without reimbursement. Won't be UK stock so sending back for a repair is likely to be a very long wait measured in months.

More here - hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…084

pcadvisor.co.uk/for…ng/

boards.ie/vbu…505

Also if you get stung for Tax the price will end up being more than the UK price and you still end up with all the aforementioned issues.
    Edited by: "Astec123" 20th Dec 2014

Think they are based in China or Hong Kong. If so, then things take longer to get and are likely to need import tax factored into the price as DHL etc. will invoice you for this and won't release the package before payment.
    I bought a phone last year and it was still a good deal but you need to make sure anything electrical is UK spec.

Although my purchase worked out ok, like the other comments, there is a lot of potential nightmares if problems occur.

I wouldn't buy from a far east shop again ... in fact my previous purchase was partly because I overlooked the location as it was .co.uk website.

I'd prefer a few more pounds with the ability to get issues sorted out locally if required. Plus always look for a UK phone number and address.

Good luck!

What they don't say(only in the very small print ) is that Import duty and VAT payable to the carrier on receipt . Add on about 25% for that and not such a good deal . Add to that it'll be a non EU model and have to jump through hoops to return and pay for it yourself to HongKong- not a good idea . Beats me why it still appears in Google price matches .
    Edited by: "rogparki" 20th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies, going to buy from the UK as been reading some of their reviews and not good. May just wait for the sales and see what pops up.
    Thanks again

hello to All,
    I bought from eglobalcentral.co.uk very Expensive mobile, they said we will send it after 4 days,now i had 2 month waiting , i try to call them ,but they didn t have any phone number .....,
    Any one can help me with this plz
    many thanks

lanilondon

hello to All,I bought from http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk very Expensive … hello to All,I bought from http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk very Expensive mobile, they said we will send it after 4 days,now i had 2 month waiting , i try to call them ,but they didn t have any phone number .....,Any one can help me with this plzmany thanks

Provided you paid with a protected method of payment you need to lodge a claim with your card provider/paypal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…22
      2. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556

See more discussions