Expired

Has anyone bought from this site please

Found 14th Jul
sharkduoclean.co.uk

Just had my card declined, turns out it was my banks fraud team that stopped the payment going through (I had made a few payments before this) which has made me wary.

There’s a similar link to Shark on Quidco too but it’s eu instead of co.uk

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Domain registered since 2016 according to Whois, site accepts PayPal so you don't need to directly enter payment details (I wouldn't even for S75 protection over £100 on credit card to prevent card skimming, but that's your choice). I think you should go for it if there is a decent discount and you are not spending too much, but there's always a chance nothing will turn up.
Looked on Scam advisor, it said the same. I know you can buy these vacuum cleaners elsewhere but this site is offering instalments interest free but through card not PayPal, I can pay in full the PP way though. It’s only £45 but then they have my card details, that’s all I was bothered about.
claire751912 m ago

Looked on Scam advisor, it said the same. I know you can buy these vacuum …Looked on Scam advisor, it said the same. I know you can buy these vacuum cleaners elsewhere but this site is offering instalments interest free but through card not PayPal, I can pay in full the PP way though. It’s only £45 but then they have my card details, that’s all I was bothered about.

If you want installments, PayPal Credit may be better.
Problem with that site is you have to be comfortable to click through and wade down paragraphs of text to reach the company disclosues as required by Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015. Then when you are given a hint at the company's possibe true identity, you are provided with references to consumer legislation that no longer exists. I spent one minute stumbling around the site attempting to locate any definition of the suggested five year warranty but couldn't find it, so simply gave up looking on the assumption that if a company chooses to hide or even not quote the terms of a warranty offer, the company will likely not honour that warranty (assuming it even exists). The checkout page suggests you may "have your order delivered to a local collection point" but there is no obvious indication of where the "local collection points" are. Plus the "terms of use" page bizarrely refers to a different domain. I wouldn't be comfortable transacting with this company but there is nothing obvious suggesting a transaction may be fraudulent; just the company may be a little too casual and so warrants (sic) further investigation.
View the alleged company disclosures, woefully out of date refs to consumer legislation, and refs to one year or two year extension warranty (but no five year warranty) here: sharkduoclean.co.uk/ter…ns/
If you do decide to even consider proceeding it would be wise to contact the company first, ideally via contact information obtained from a trusted 3rd party source, ask a few credibility questions and definitely obtain written statement exclusively and specifically for the terms of any five year warranty where the name, contact details and business disclosures of the organisation that will service the waranty is stated on the same document.
When I bought my shark through the eu site my bank declined it. They sent a text asking if I had authorised the payment and I had to reply yes and was then able to put the payment through. I know this has happened to others. My shark arrived on time. The company had various sites and this is one of them, it does cause confusion though.
AndyRoyd21 h, 13 m ago

Problem with that site is you have to be comfortable to click through and …Problem with that site is you have to be comfortable to click through and wade down paragraphs of text to reach the company disclosues as required by Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015. Then when you are given a hint at the company's possibe true identity, you are provided with references to consumer legislation that no longer exists. I spent one minute stumbling around the site attempting to locate any definition of the suggested five year warranty but couldn't find it, so simply gave up looking on the assumption that if a company chooses to hide or even not quote the terms of a warranty offer, the company will likely not honour that warranty (assuming it even exists). The checkout page suggests you may "have your order delivered to a local collection point" but there is no obvious indication of where the "local collection points" are. Plus the "terms of use" page bizarrely refers to a different domain. I wouldn't be comfortable transacting with this company but there is nothing obvious suggesting a transaction may be fraudulent; just the company may be a little too casual and so warrants (sic) further investigation. View the alleged company disclosures, woefully out of date refs to consumer legislation, and refs to one year or two year extension warranty (but no five year warranty) here: https://www.sharkduoclean.co.uk/terms-conditions/If you do decide to even consider proceeding it would be wise to contact the company first, ideally via contact information obtained from a trusted 3rd party source, ask a few credibility questions and definitely obtain written statement exclusively and specifically for the terms of any five year warranty where the name, contact details and business disclosures of the organisation that will service the waranty is stated on the same document.

Thanks for all that Andy, after reading what you’ve wrote I’ll probably just leave it, I can buy from elsewhere, just fancied taking advantage of the interest free payment plans, looks like Argos it is, thanks again!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions