Has anyone bought from www.aliexpress.com

Found 27th Jan 2015
I was going to buy something from AlieExpress, they only come to just over £11.

However, I have just seen lots of bad reviews about the site.

Have any members bought via this company and if so was it a good or bad experience?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
Banned
It's like eBay for imports, each seller is different and quality will vary. Their escrow policy is heavily in the buyer's favour though so you can get your money back if what you buy isn't up to scratch.
Original Poster
davey369

It's like eBay for imports, each seller is different and quality will … It's like eBay for imports, each seller is different and quality will vary. Their escrow policy is heavily in the buyer's favour though so you can get your money back if what you buy isn't up to scratch.

I just keep seeing reviews which say people haven't got their money back when things have gone wrong.

I have ordered things from China via Amazon which have been fine but you have more of a comeback via them.

Was just worried about the safety aspect too of using a credit card directly as they don't offer the option to pay via Paypal.
I ordered from there at the beginning of November, goods never came & even though the dispute has been escalated I have yet to see a refund!! My friend ordered a friction pen & received an ordinary gel pen which didn't even have an eraser & was labelled "fine art pen".
Banned
The escrow isn't foolproof but is definately more buyer friendly. Just check things out before you buy, if most sellers are selling an item for $100, and one is $10, don't order from the $10 seller, I've order loads and not been scammed (yet) just use common sense. What is it you're buying?

Regarding the credit card, you don't pay the seller directly, but if you are really worried get a pre-paid one to use
Edited by: "davey369" 27th Jan 2015
I have had loads of stuff from there and never had any problems
Original Poster
davey369

The escrow isn't foolproof but is definately more buyer friendly. Just … The escrow isn't foolproof but is definately more buyer friendly. Just check things out before you buy, if most sellers are selling an item for $100, and one is $10, don't order from the $10 seller, I've order loads and not been scammed (yet) just use common sense. What is it you're buying?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Cos-Cosplay-Attack-on-Titan-Shingeki-no-Kyojin-Leather-Skirt-Hookshot-Costume-Just-for-you/32238306599.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-ship-Pokemon-black-white-Cards-45-pieces-lot-New-Poke-Cards-Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game/32255313129.html

Not for me!

Ordered a couple of things which did take the normal 30+ days to arrive.
Banned
well the pokemon cards will be fake most likely, as evidenced by the feedback, but I would expect most things on there to be fake, so shouldn't be a surprise.
Both sellers have decent feedback, for the cost I would give it a go, you're not losing much if they don't arrive. They will take a while though.
I've bought a few £100 + items from their after trying it out with some cheap items and everything has been perfect. I just think of it as the Chinese ebay
Depends what you are buying i suppose, look for decent feedback and don't get windy waiting for stuff to arrive.

There's a thread over on moneysavingexpert and people buy fake handbags and are thrilled with the quality.
Original Poster
Thanks folks, I will risk it for the price involved.

Cheers.
davey369

The escrow isn't foolproof but is definately more buyer friendly. Just … The escrow isn't foolproof but is definately more buyer friendly. Just check things out before you buy, if most sellers are selling an item for $100, and one is $10, don't order from the $10 seller, I've order loads and not been scammed (yet) just use common sense. What is it you're buying?Regarding the credit card, you don't pay the seller directly, but if you are really worried get a pre-paid one to use

Just wondering where can I buy a pre pay credit card from? Fancy some items on Aliexpress
Banned
Spikeywikey

Just wondering where can I buy a pre pay credit card from? Fancy some … Just wondering where can I buy a pre pay credit card from? Fancy some items on Aliexpress

theres loads, but pockit.com/ has been discussed recently in deals.
I love aliexpress .... only had a few issues but Ali holds the money from the seller until you are happy with the goods received
davey369

theres loads, but http://www.pockit.com/ has been discussed recently in … theres loads, but http://www.pockit.com/ has been discussed recently in deals.

It must all be in the wording I've tried to post this twice and they went to moderation never to be seen again, and no explanation.
I have ordered 7 times from aliexpress, i mainly by CNC related items, all costing costing £50+,I have had one problem where they sent me the wrong mounts I ordered for my co2 laser machine. I opened a case and they never responded I got my money back and got to keep the mounts. I sold them on eBay so I was quids in.

Edited by: "Brettman123" 28th Jan 2015
sb44

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Cos-Cosplay-Attack-on-Titan-Shingeki-no-Kyojin-Leather-Skirt-Hookshot-Costume-Just-for-you/32238306599.htmlhttp://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-ship-Pokemon-black-white-Cards-45-pieces-lot-New-Poke-Cards-Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game/32255313129.htmlNot for me!:D

Here's one with feedback
Banned
You can buy by use rating filter, high ratings won't get you wrong
I used it to purchase a couple of items one of which was skeleton watch which when it arrived it didnt work, the seller offered to replace it but I asked for a refund instead and got my money back.

Quite happy that my money is safe on purhcases through there, quality of goods available will be very variable
Original Poster
Thanks for all of your comments folks, much appreciated.

I ordered late last night and the total came to just over £10 for the 3 items, so not a lot to risk for a first purchase.

Fingers crossed all goes well, I will keep you updated, just in case anyone else is interested in buying from the site.

Bought just under 10 items in their 11/11 sale and everything I received was fake or not as described and everything else was not in stock and I was offered an inferior product instead. All purchased from large feedback seller.
Expect fakes from Aliexpress, always, if you're fine with that it's no loss. I always view things that I buy from China as 'am I prepared to not get this money back?' if yes - buy, if not pay more else where for the security.

They came to my attention for cycling jerseys, a large number of cyclists love them as the quality is good (whilst being fake).
For large purchases (value and/or size or quantity) it would probably pay to use a shipping agent. They will know the good and bad companies and will carry the risk of something going wrong - all for a fee of course.
i ordered a newcastle united strip it was spot on for £11 and looked identical to the real ones that cost £45 it took about a month to arrive but it was worth the wait
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions