Expired

Has anyone else been blacklisted for using vouchers posted on this site and trying to use the Hungry House express delivery guarantee?

Found 11th Jun 2014
We placed an order last week and ordered a meal from one of the express delivery guarantee takeaways, unfortunately, the meal didn't arrive within the 45 minutes guarantee but actually arrived in 65-70 minutes, while there was a missing item and the food and sauces were spilled throughout the bag.

After speaking to someone about this via livechat, they informed me without giving a reason that we did not qualify for the express delivery and it was only 5 minutes late, I don't know how bad his maths is but I did get an inclination that he can't add up, as it was 20-25 minutes late.

He also tried to tell me that the missing item wasn't supposed to be delivered, yet another member of staff looked at the order and confirmed we were supposed to receive the missing item as it was clear that it was part of the set menu.
The food was also spilled all over the bag, yet he told me that he doesn't care.

When I did speak to another member of staff, they said the customer service rep didn't follow protocol and I should escalate this to management and they would handle the situation.

As a result, I have now been blacklisted and told that they've seen that I have used their promotions in the past (which they apparently don't like) and the correct form of action has been taken against me.

I don't know about you but I find this incredibly rude and I can't believe that a good customer has been banned as a result.

They also told me that other people are being banned for the same reasons, so be careful when using Hungry House, I for one will stick to Just-Eat.
Community Updates
10 Comments
Banned
That is ridiculous!! I would forget escalating to manager and go straight to their head office!
Edited by: "Holly1985" 11th Jun 2014
That's crazy. They should be begging for your custom in these tough times. That is some bad management!
Original Poster
We order 2-4 takeaways per week and have been using them since they began several years ago, so I can't believe this is the course of action against a good customer.

Even the other customer reps said I should escalate this to management and said the member of staffs behaviour was completely unacceptable and I should escalate...I'm just disappointed that I've been banned as a result for escalating it.
I literally just spoke to someone else on the phone and he told me that I should email management, which is when I told them I've received an email from them saying they can't manually remove blacklistings from an account and he told me that the decision has been made then!
2-4 takeaways a week? maybe they are doing you a favour and just thinking of your health.
Just order direct? I'd have thought at 2-4 orders a week you know the menu's inside out.

O and shocking service - but what more do ppl expect from the t'internet age? Not OP but anyone please don't quote me Amazon's amazing service. There's a reason that Amazon are like they are.

Sorry OP - diversion over.
Edited by: "capriboycraig" 11th Jun 2014
Original Poster
sirfentalot

2-4 takeaways a week? maybe they are doing you a favour and just thinking … 2-4 takeaways a week? maybe they are doing you a favour and just thinking of your health.

Well, if it's not me, it's my mates or family who come over.
realfriendlyman

Well, if it's not me, it's my mates or family who come over.

Come on admit it. You're a realgreedyman. X)
Original Poster
OldEnglish

Come on admit it. You're a realgreedyman. X)

Haha nah, I actually don't like takeaway, as it does get boring after a while, a nice home cooked meal is a lot nicer than a takeaway but it's nice to have your lunch/dinner delivered to your door...especially when mates come around, as I'm not cooking for everyone haha.
Yep' op is a takeaway addict.lol
capriboycraig

Just order direct? I'd have thought at 2-4 orders a week you know the … Just order direct? I'd have thought at 2-4 orders a week you know the menu's inside out.O and shocking service - but what more do ppl expect from the t'internet age? Not OP but anyone please don't quote me Amazon's amazing service. There's a reason that Amazon are like they are.Sorry OP - diversion over.

Whats the reason for amazon?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants