has anyone else had to wait 3 weeks for money back from amazon return?

Found 19th Apr
There supposed to refund when scanned at shop but for me I have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to get back to amazon it seems the returns get taken to a warehouse to sit for weeks (amazon has backlog for returns) and for things that break I have to wait 3 weeks for money to rebuy the item,

seems customer service is hitting the toilet, is anyone else expierence similar?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I have had issues in the past, if you ask them on the phone they will refund you there and then. It still takes a few days but you don’t have to wait until it’s returned.

i have been buying elsewhere at the minute because their service has took such a dive there’s little point in the free extension months of prime because they hardly ever deliver next day.
Dannyrobbo28 m ago

I have had issues in the past, if you ask them on the phone they will …I have had issues in the past, if you ask them on the phone they will refund you there and then. It still takes a few days but you don’t have to wait until it’s returned.i have been buying elsewhere at the minute because their service has took such a dive there’s little point in the free extension months of prime because they hardly ever deliver next day.

normally chat them and even though rep before states its on scan they say they can't help, maybe i should try phone next time, maybe there have more tools
whelan18915 m ago

normally chat them and even though rep before states its on scan they say …normally chat them and even though rep before states its on scan they say they can't help, maybe i should try phone next time, maybe there have more tools

I always just phone, I mean not if it’s like a £20 thing but if it’s a big purchase and it’s faulty I call to return it and say it’s not really fair for me to wait a few weeks when it’s arrived faulty. I’ve not had one yet that says no.

Make sure its before the return has started
Just had a quick look.

My last Amazon return (£26 bag) was refunded less than 3 hours after the guy at the post office had scanned the pre-paid postage label.

The one before that (£30 mechanical keyboard) took just over 2 days to be refunded, from it having been dropped off at the post office.

All seems very random to me.
whelan1891 h, 15 m ago

normally chat them and even though rep before states its on scan they say …normally chat them and even though rep before states its on scan they say they can't help, maybe i should try phone next time, maybe there have more tools

I've done this on chat before and they've given me a refund straightaway without problems (never been refused as long as the package is in transit). Maybe you are just unlucky, try and speak with a supervisor on chat and they may be able to do something
A warehouse return (mobile phone) took about 2 weeks and I had to chase it up on live chat twice before it was actioned.
From my own personal experience there is a big difference dependent on the return method used.

Returns through Collect+ or Royal Mail generate a fast refund, often within a day or so. (Basically they refund based on the fact you have returned it to their approved handlers.) However, a return via Pass My Parcel can take a week or two.

I don't rate Pass My Parcel at all.
Edited by: "hottoast" 19th Apr
hottoast9 h, 1 m ago

From my own personal experience there is a big difference dependent on the …From my own personal experience there is a big difference dependent on the return method used. Returns through Collect+ or Royal Mail generate a fast refund, often within a day or so. (Basically they refund based on the fact you have returned it to their approved handlers.) However, a return via Pass My Parcel can take a week or two.I don't rate Pass My Parcel at all.

Thanks will try different carrier, maybe pass my parcel system being logged is not intergreated as well, I know it does work as few months ago it scanned and got refund straight away strange, seems like amazon maybe picking me out as returning too many things and putting me on a we hate you list
They're not there. How hard is it? At least when you report it again i know you have read it and maybe you will learn the language
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 22 m ago

They're not there. How hard is it? At least when you report it again i …They're not there. How hard is it? At least when you report it again i know you have read it and maybe you will learn the language

I did'nt report anything its hotukdeals there ban hammer is so sensitive so annoying, what I was saying is most of the time typing it just auto corrects to one of the theirs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions