Has anyone ever joined up with "The Gourmet Society"

6 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2010
Has anyone ever joined up with "The Gourmet Society" and used the discount card where you get meals for "2 for 1" or 25% off your bill.

It looks interesting and i can get the membership price down to £27.95 with a discount code from work.

Just after peoples general views on it if they have used it & if they have ever had any problems with it or if they think its value for money

gourmetsociety.co.uk/

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

Original Poster

Edited by: "mrfun1981" 2nd Dec 2010

have had this in the past - didnt use it at all.
Most restaurants listed offer 25% discount - whereas tastecard may offer 50% on those.

tastecard.co.uk/trial/

tastecard is better than GS.

I've used both the Gourmet Card and Taste card, both equally as good.

Gourmet card runs out soon as it was a three month trial for £1, but excellent value for money n i've probs used it about 10 times.

Original Poster

robjamuk

I've used both the Gourmet Card and Taste card, both equally as … I've used both the Gourmet Card and Taste card, both equally as good.Gourmet card runs out soon as it was a three month trial for £1, but excellent value for money n i've probs used it about 10 times.

thanks for the reply,

Whats the card like? Card it be passed on to one of my mates & let him use it with out people finding out
Edited by: "mrfun1981" 2nd Dec 2010

taste card (used to be Taste of London) is better imho - I have trialed both cards and bought a taste membership - I am 8 months in now. The service and quality and general 'feel' of taste is light years ahead of Gourmet Card (taste has a really good mobile site - and smart phone app, an umoderated wall on facebook where they talk to their fans - it's just a good club to be part of and they just seem to be always improving things)... The offers with taste are always half price too. It seems that Gourmet Card is a bit of an immitation - you can trial taste card for free with manchester evening news.... tastecard.co.uk/tri…n... From what I have heard one twitter Jamie Oliver is getting involved with them as an investor/patriot so his restaurants should be included next year, and they are launching in New York next year too - so you will be able to use your card there. Be warned though - they are one of these auto renewal things, so if you forget to cancel your membership after actually purchasing a card it will auto renew!!! (buyer beware) and also, you can't use your card on a Friday night or Saturdy night most places. I'd try them both Mrfun - and make your own judgement! If you don't want to lay out for membership try toptable or last minute for resto deals too.

Original Poster

@ 711GazBird

Not heard of toptable before will check them out, the link to the free trial has ended but i found another link so il order one & test them out.

But having a quick look at both of them Gourmet seams to be offering more local places to me than taste card. An iv found a code to order a free 2 month trial so will prob test them out 1st
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions