Has anyone ever painted Lino?

Posted 10th Apr
Got a really light colour Lino/ cushion floor in my kitchen which is awful and horrid to keep clean. Has anyone ever painted theirs? If so what with and did it last? TIA X
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Errrr Yes ..

40373873-0fUVY.jpg
As others have said I don’t think it would work personally. For the time, hassle, cost and maintenance you’re better off to just replace the lino.
16 Comments
Yeah loads, just slap a bit on and boom
If it's a high traffic area it'll soon wear off & I should imagine whatever you use to paint it with would look even worse then you have at the moment.
I wouldn’t imagine that you could paint Lino as whatever you use I’d guess would just peel off or wear off very easily.
Errrr Yes ..

40373873-0fUVY.jpg
As others have said I don’t think it would work personally. For the time, hassle, cost and maintenance you’re better off to just replace the lino.
richp10/04/2020 18:53

If it's a high traffic area it'll soon wear off & I should imagine …If it's a high traffic area it'll soon wear off & I should imagine whatever you use to paint it with would look even worse then you have at the moment.

I was looking at floor paint but didn’t know how durable it would be.
please don’t do it,

you will finish, think it looks amazing,

then regret it in a week
Better with new Lino. It will look minging after a short time then u will end up getting new lino
Easy enough to fit some new yourself
As said, don’t paint it. It will end up a disaster and you’ll have to replace it.
kirstie280610/04/2020 19:02

I was looking at floor paint but didn’t know how durable it would be.

i have used floor paint on concrete floors only and i don't think it will stay permanent on a lino surface as the surface is slippery. you are better off replacing the lino.
Is it really lino or in fact PVC?

From Wikipedia:
Linoleum, commonly abbreviated to lino, is a floor covering made from materials such as solidified linseed oil (linoxyn), pine resin, ground cork dust, wood flour, and mineral fillers such as calcium carbonate, most commonly on a burlap or canvas backing. Pigments are often added to the materials to create the desired colour finish.

Good luck painting or staining that!
ChelseaRae10/04/2020 19:02

As others have said I don’t think it would work personally. For the time, h …As others have said I don’t think it would work personally. For the time, hassle, cost and maintenance you’re better off to just replace the lino.

I say give it a go & update us!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions