Has anyone ever taken a flotilla holiday?

Found 11th Aug 2009
Seriously looking into this but the only time I can get off is in Oct. Has anyone ever done one and can tell me what it was like, and what the weather around the Greek islands might be like mid oct....hopefully still warm and calm....
Any advice/experienced gratefully recieved as we just can't make up our minds what to do and where to go!

5 Comments

Are you asking has anyone done a flotilla?
is that a toilet thing :?

Original Poster

DAMNOME;5995092

Are you asking has anyone done a flotilla?is that a toilet thing :?

It's a sailing holiday, you hire a boat and sail around the islands with a few other boats in a group. Never done it before. Wondered what is might be like. Hoping on the off chance someone might have done it before. You can do Croatia as well.

Ah - Knowlege is power :thumbsup:

bellabonkers;5995123

It's a sailing holiday, you hire a boat and sail around the islands with … It's a sailing holiday, you hire a boat and sail around the islands with a few other boats in a group. Never done it before. Wondered what is might be like. Hoping on the off chance someone might have done it before. You can do Croatia as well.

We had a great time doing it before kids:whistling:

Went on a couple round the Ionian islands a few years back. Highly recommend it. One of us was more experienced (at sailing) so made it a bit easier.

Might be worth talking to the holiday company see which one is suitable for your level.

Charlie Brown

Original Poster

charlie brown;5995714

We had a great time doing it before kids:whistling: Went on a couple … We had a great time doing it before kids:whistling: Went on a couple round the Ionian islands a few years back. Highly recommend it. One of us was more experienced (at sailing) so made it a bit easier. Might be worth talking to the holiday company see which one is suitable for your level.Charlie Brown

Yeah that's what we looked at, the Ionian Islands, would just be the two of us...one can sail well, and the other (me) can't....yet! lol Looks like a great adventure but always nice to get other peoples points of view.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for Xbox one28
    2. Amazon - No more easy returns?68
    3. Shaving Cream Recommendations46
    4. Dell 1250c Printing faint11

See more discussions