Expired

Has anyone ever used 24studio.co.uk?

Found 14th Aug 2013
Hi,

I have looked through review sites like truspilot, feefo but they have contrasting reviews ones really bad and ones really good.
Has anyone bought anything from them?
Was the item delivered on time?
Did you have any problems?
Was the item as stated or was it broken, damaged or the wrong item?
If you have had issues did they resolve it and was customer service good?
Are they a legit business?
People have complained about being charged twice for the same item has anyone had that happen to them too?
Has anyone pre-ordered anything if you have did you get everything on time and without any problems?
Most important question should I use them or avoid?

I'm asking all those questions as on trustpilot most people complain about 1 of those things so want to see if anyone on here has any issues on anything. I want to buy 2 gifts of there for upcoming birthdays.

Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Yes.
Yes.
No.
As Stated.
No Issues.
Legit.
Charged Once.
Up To You.

I'm sure you'll get other responses, but I've answered for my experience, haven't used them often or for years, but that's my answers....
Used them quite a few times,all was fine,no problems at all.
Bought a PS3 cheap a while ago, paid it off in one go avoiding any credit terms, it was all fine.
Used them many a time, although i prefer to wait until i get the catalogue and flick through it rather than try to find stuff on the internet site, much easier.

They would be rubbish if you didn't pay the amount owed on time as IIRC the APR % is a joke and thats where they make a lot of profit, no problems with the credit otherwise.

They do a fair amount of unique stuff, now you can take that one of two ways but i have bought the personalised Cutlery set for several children and each time they went down a treat with the parents who on a couple of occasions asked me where i'd got them from. But there are other items such as the "limited edition" bears, personally i've gave them a miss.

The most annoying thing is that they will send part orders rather than wait until the whole order is in stock and send it as one unit (doesn't affect postage price) as the invoice comes with the 1st order and you need to be sure to check it against what you have received and whats still outstanding.

Just looking through the latest catalogue now
As long as you are aware that:

1. They are a home shopping catalogue and you will be opening an account with them that is subject to credit searches
2. Paying by installments you may be paying up to 48.9% APR
3. If you buy items on credit and are late making a payment you will be charged £20 just for them to tell you.
4. Defaulting on payments may affect your credit score in the future.

Whenever I hear the company name I think of the words 'barge pole' for some reason.
barneybar

As long as you are aware that:1. They are a home shopping catalogue and … As long as you are aware that:1. They are a home shopping catalogue and you will be opening an account with them that is subject to credit searches2. Paying by installments you may be paying up to 48.9% APR3. If you buy items on credit and are late making a payment you will be charged £20 just for them to tell you.4. Defaulting on payments may affect your credit score in the future.Whenever I hear the company name I think of the words 'barge pole' for some reason.

Will they do a credit search even if I'm paying the full amount? as I don't need to buy on credit. The 2 things I need are worth £38 which I can easily pay for. The thing with credit search is I have just finished university this year so not sure all that debt will help much in my credit history. If I open the account will I be able to order straight away? or wait until they complete the credit searches?
Edited by: "jaggededge" 15th Aug 2013
they have been going for years, as long as i can remember ( im 41 ) my mum used them and my wife has used them it used to be called studio cards and mainly did christmas stuff but now its a jack of all trades
I have used them before and i would use them again
Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it. I'll give them a go. I'm still a bit worried over the credit searching but I hope it won't matter if I'm paying in full.
Edited by: "jaggededge" 15th Aug 2013
I wouldn't be worried about a credit search, unless you have taken out a lot of loans/credits cards recently. They are not too bothered about who the 'lend' to either, my mate is a single mother with no income to speak of but yet she was allowed to order £300 worth of stuff on her 1st order.

Most places now would rather lend to someone with a poorer credit rating than someone with a perfect score as they will make more money by doing so.
mclovin9091

I wouldn't be worried about a credit search, unless you have taken out a … I wouldn't be worried about a credit search, unless you have taken out a lot of loans/credits cards recently. They are not too bothered about who the 'lend' to either, my mate is a single mother with no income to speak of but yet she was allowed to order £300 worth of stuff on her 1st order. Most places now would rather lend to someone with a poorer credit rating than someone with a perfect score as they will make more money by doing so.

Thanks for all the help mclovin9091. It was just that I have university loans to pay off although I'm paying them off very quickly I just got worried when they see thousands of debt they're going to be thinking avoid. I'll pay the full £38 so no credit necessary :).
ding

they have been going for years, as long as i can remember ( im 41 ) my … they have been going for years, as long as i can remember ( im 41 ) my mum used them and my wife has used them it used to be called studio cards and mainly did christmas stuff but now its a jack of all trades

Same here really. I remember them as Studio Cards from decades ago. I'm sure someone in my family used to run a Christmas club through them.
The personalised items can be really special, but some of the so called limited edition stuff belongs on a bad shopping channel!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions