Has anyone ever used this website to purchase anything? https://www.ideomarket.co.uk/

Posted 3rd Jun
I can't find any reviews online or anything to indicate whether this is a legit website or not.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Doubt youll find any info out there. Website is only 56 days old.
Ah that explains.. They seem to have market average prices for a lot of things but you find something which is just insanely low priced (almost 50% off) and you begin wondering...

I've literally been scouring the web for some review on them and I couldn't find anything.
FreSHnTiDY03/06/2020 13:23

Ah that explains.. They seem to have market average prices for a lot of …Ah that explains.. They seem to have market average prices for a lot of things but you find something which is just insanely low priced (almost 50% off) and you begin wondering... I've literally been scouring the web for some review on them and I couldn't find anything.

I think the parent company has been trading for a while but this specific website is very very young. They appear to be based in Spain/France mainly so your order would likely be imported into the country.

Its probably not a scam as such, but with anything new its buyer beware and if something is too good to be true, it probably is.
Thanks a lot ArcadeAssassin! I'm tempted to purchase an item from them with my credit card and if they fail to deliver then I can just claim it back via my bank. ideomarket.co.uk/pro…a69 this gaming graphics card price is just way too low on their site.
Edited by: "FreSHnTiDY" 3rd Jun
The first thing I always do when I doubt is check out their contact us page. No phone number and physical address is an instant no from me. Even with these details I would still proceed with caution.
FreSHnTiDY03/06/2020 13:29

Thanks a lot ArcadeAssassin! I'm tempted to purchase an item from them …Thanks a lot ArcadeAssassin! I'm tempted to purchase an item from them with my credit card and if they fail to deliver then I can just claim it back via my bank. https://www.ideomarket.co.uk/products/5cf10242be0e65269d98ca69 this gaming graphics card price is just way too low on their site.

Your assumption implies this site is legitimately linked to another arguably more credible organisation having a near-identical marketing platform, but with no obvious consideration to possibility trading name / corporate ID hijack.

If the site is not legitimate you may well be successful in obtaining a refund from your card issuer, where your card issuer may not be successful in seizing funds from the alleged trader, so effectively you will have actively funded scammers who may use those funds to attract more victims elsewhere.

Your choice to proceed or not when the "price is just way too low on their site."
Can anyone find their twitter or Facebook page?, when I tap their icons it just takes me to the generic home page log in screens rather than their pages
Mind you, I can’t even find their trading terms and conditions or refund policy on their website.
Hardly instils confidence.
AVOID!!
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 3rd Jun
Hmmm I guess you're right. I haven't actually purchased anything from them yet but it was just a consideration. My intention wasn't to fund scammers but rather purchase the item which seems like good value for money. However this seem a bit too good to be true so I'll stick this one out for the good of the general public and avoid funding a potential scammer.
krazie200403/06/2020 14:18

The first thing I always do when I doubt is check out their contact us …The first thing I always do when I doubt is check out their contact us page. No phone number and physical address is an instant no from me. Even with these details I would still proceed with caution.

A phone number and a physical address (both Spanish) are quoted in the footer of every replicated webpage of the subdomain.

If you remove the << www. >> of the subdomain, the contact details and various other informational pages disappear. Examples:
Privacy policy no subdomain ideomarket.co.uk/pol…icy
Privacy policy via subdomain ideomarket.co.uk/pol…icy

Regardless of any programming / development quirks which itself casts doubt on credibility:
the real issue is the plausibility of those details being related to the operator of the website(s).
I hope the site is supposed to be called idea market, and they totally messed up when registering it

that would be a nono for me
Hi Guys,

I am 99.9% sure this company/website is fake... I went onto their About Us page (footer of website) where they show a 'picture of their facilities'. A quick reverse image search shows this is an adobe stock image and has also been used on other sites since 2018. Seems a very fast effort in faking a legit service...

Hope this helps:)
Furthermore, they clearly state in their footer that they've been active since 2017. Seeing as we have already determined their website is just under 2 months old, it is clearly a lie. A website with this amount of untruths must be a scam imho
Post a comment
@
    Text