Groups
    EXPIRED

Has anyone ever used www.audiovisual123.co.uk

Some of the LCD TV's are really cheap at this site, but site seems realy dodgy. I have tried phoning there London Sales Office for the past 5 days and no one picks up. I even tried calling them at 3.00 in the night and it said the number was busy.

I was about to place a order, but am thinking weather or not it would be wise.

Does anyone know anything about this company and if so are they reliable ?

Somebody did phone me from the company, but all he was interested in was taking my payment details, he wouldn't even answer any of my questions.

Please help me make up my mind.

audiovisual123.co.uk

Maybe this thread can be a start of listing all the companies that you have had a problem with or think is very dodgy.

5 Comments

I can why you're tempted, that £799 Tosh 42" LCD HDTV is quite good, I'd recommend using a credit card and risking it since Consumer Credit Act protects you ontop of other laws.

However the best bet is always to get John Lewis, if you can, to price match and get their very good service and 5 year warranty.

Come 7am check if they're listed on wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ as well.

Moved tho Misc Musings section as comments and suggestions is really for comments/suggestions on the HUKD site. ;-)

Stolen from the avforums with regard to audiovisual123

i called the london number this morning and requested to pay cash and … i called the london number this morning and requested to pay cash and pick up item but the guy declined saying that they are only a mail order company.after speaking to the guy,my instincts tell me to STAY AWAY FROM THIS.(and i always listen to my instincts,dont know about you guys)anyway,i've just ordered mine from dixon

Another 1 from avforums:

I saw this offer last week and went through the process of completing the … I saw this offer last week and went through the process of completing the order form, when it comes to making payment it defaults to an order acknowledgement and states that you will be contacted to make payment and arrange delivery. I was contacted a few hours later and asked to make payment via CHAPS to their account with guaranteed next day delivery. I refused and offered Visa or payment on collection, both were declined, Visa because they have had cases of identity fraud and collection because they are a mail order company only. They did kindly offer a further discount of £25 plus a further £30 for the Chaps payment and 5 yrs warranty... It sounded to good to be true I didn't bother. I did call the number back to see if it was legit, mostly it was an automated reply but someone called AJ did answer on one occasion, I asked a few questions and was told they had been trading for 6 years. I got another friend to call later and they were told they had been trading 8 years.... I think something is wrong here and will contact Trading Standards...

Dodgy as hell comes to mind with this company.

Original Poster

Cheers Mate !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767530
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      3. One thing you've forgotten2125
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691437

See more discussions