Expired

Has anyone experience of Halifax free drive by valuation?

Found 20th Nov 2013
I am trying to switch from variable to fixed mortgage and as usual Halifax has not updated our valuation since 5years.
Lady told me that they can offer drive by valuation and whatever valuation comes we will have to accept it to determine LTV.

Any advise/experience would be appreciated.

5 Comments

It will pretty much by done on similar property comparision with what has sold in your area. Have a look on right move for an idea, I think you can search by postcode. They're probably not too worried about an exact valuation, as long as they property is worth at least what you owe.

Original Poster

Ya but is it advised to agree for drive by valuation? as we will have not accept the valuation.

hyperemisis

It will pretty much by done on similar property comparision with what has … It will pretty much by done on similar property comparision with what has sold in your area. Have a look on right move for an idea, I think you can search by postcode. They're probably not too worried about an exact valuation, as long as they property is worth at least what you owe.

Ya but is it advised to agree for drive by valuation? as we will have not accept the valuation.

Have you had a look on Zoopla, that should give you an idea of how much you should expect. Wouldn't be surprised if they do the same, cannot understand how you can do a drive by valuation and get an accurate or realistic figure.

Zoopla +1

Original Poster

i do hope they value around zoopla as current Halifax systems has valued £22K less. Zoopa seems spot on. For valuation, pcm rent indication and trends.
Post a comment
@
    Text