Has anyone got a clue as to why the police won't tell you the names of people who have stolen from you?

19 replies
19 Comments

so you don't go full vigilante on them probably

Also they are innocent until proved guilty

Original Poster

cache

I did promise i wouldn't go full "SAW" on his ass

Original Poster

adamsxi

Also they are innocent until proved guilty

caught red handed

property returned?

Original Poster

cache

property returned?

damaged

raptorcigs

caught red handed

yes but have they been convicted? Technically they are still innocent.

await the case completion if i were you, if you go to court which is likely if they dont settle then youll find out their name anyway

Is there a reason you need to know their name?

I'd think they'd quote the date protection act. In that they can't give info out.

Yeah, data protection

cache

hahahah laughed more than I should of done at this

you can make a civil claim against them for damaged property - as an aside from the criminal case, will need the criminal case to complete however, details will then be available

Banned

mrwhitelabel

you can make a civil claim against them for damaged property - as an … you can make a civil claim against them for damaged property - as an aside from the criminal case, will need the criminal case to complete however, details will then be available

Dunno about the specifics of this particular case, but I reckon most thieving scum won't have any tangible assets or any money to cough up if you took them to court.

Villa

Dunno about the specifics of this particular case, but I reckon most … Dunno about the specifics of this particular case, but I reckon most thieving scum won't have any tangible assets or any money to cough up if you took them to court.

well yes thats most likely the case too

pretty obvious isn't it?

the police's job is to protect the peace. if they told you who the culprits were you may take action into your own hands and end up causing gbh to the thieves or vice versa.

read a story about a bloke who found out where his son's phone was located when it was stolen using its tracker. he brought his thug sons with him to flatten the thief except he had underestimated how tough the thief was and overestimated how tough he and his boys were.

the thief stabbed him and he died. not exactly the result he had envisaged and this is the result that the police envisage may happen if they disclosed the information.

Banned

mutley1

pretty obvious isn't it?the police's job is to protect the peace. if … pretty obvious isn't it?the police's job is to protect the peace. if they told you who the culprits were you may take action into your own hands and end up causing gbh to the thieves or vice versa.read a story about a bloke who found out where his son's phone was located when it was stolen using its tracker. he brought his thug sons with him to flatten the thief except he had underestimated how tough the thief was and overestimated how tough he and his boys were.the thief stabbed him and he died. not exactly the result he had envisaged and this is the result that the police envisage may happen if they disclosed the information.

Almost, but not quite right:
The father lost his eye and went to jail. The thief died.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

k8y1988

Is there a reason you need to know their name?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrjr0m39zE1qaeylxo4_500.gif

Original Poster

tince666

Amateur, i would make him dig his own grave.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769657
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313901
    3. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)73570
    4. Which wall design do you like best?1114

See more discussions