Has anyone got a free Fortnite code from Smyths they won't use? I have a very upset son who scratched his code too much!

Posted 4th DecEdited by:"YvonnePotterton"
Hi There, has anyone got a Fortnite code which were given out over the weekend to customers at Smyths when they bought a game? My son is sobbing as he scratched the code off too hard and now cant redeem.
I'd so appreciate if someone has one they don't need.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Do you actually get anything as the game is free anyway?
Happened to me too
toonsquirel04/12/2019 17:55

Do you actually get anything as the game is free anyway?

You get a pickaxe to use in the game.... which is very precious im reliably informed by my distraught child!
This happened to my friend too. She said she wasn’t even scratching it hard. If you have no joy here then pop into Smyths again if you can and I’m sure they’ll be happy to replace it, they did for my friend and she asked them to scratch it for her to make sure it was ok.
YvonnePotterton04/12/2019 18:05

You get a pickaxe to use in the game.... which is very precious im …You get a pickaxe to use in the game.... which is very precious im reliably informed by my distraught child!

It’s pretty useless. Even if you get him the code within a week he will be wanting more money to buy more useless tat in the game.
_Whatever Thats why this freebie is so precious! As I don't buy him 'In game' stuff! Ive got far better stuff to spend hard earned cash on!! lol Id rather stand it the garden and burn it.... at least id get warm!!
Edited by: "YvonnePotterton" 4th Dec
YvonnePotterton04/12/2019 18:45

_Whatever Thats why this freebie is so precious! As I don't buy him 'In …_Whatever Thats why this freebie is so precious! As I don't buy him 'In game' stuff! Ive got far better stuff to spend hard earned cash on!! lol Id rather stand it the garden and burn it.... at least id get warm!!

glad to hear it. Too many parents throw money at kids for fortnite junk.
MiniMissyMoo04/12/2019 18:12

This happened to my friend too. She said she wasn’t even scratching it h …This happened to my friend too. She said she wasn’t even scratching it hard. If you have no joy here then pop into Smyths again if you can and I’m sure they’ll be happy to replace it, they did for my friend and she asked them to scratch it for her to make sure it was ok.

Good advice. But if you can’t make a special trip perhaps ring customer services to explain the situation as it appears your son isn’t the only one who has had difficulty scratching the code, they may be able to tell you the code over the phone.
Take it back and they will swap it, well known problem with the cards. I doubt anyone will give a code away as they sell for £20 on ebay.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 4th Dec
Azwipe04/12/2019 19:40

Take it back and they will swap it, well known problem with the cards. I …Take it back and they will swap it, well known problem with the cards. I doubt anyone will give a code away as they sell for £20 on ebay.

Really??? Madness!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants