Has anyone got a Hotpoint FFU3DK, Freestanding, Fridge Freezer

Found 17th Jul 2015
Hi all bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, probably the worst fridge freezer I have owned, had the engineer out twice now as the temperature inside the fridge varies sooo much from top to bottom.
In the bottom there is a "food care zone" drawer which is for meat/fish etc... or safe defrosting. Everthing we have put in there freezes!! no matter what temp you set the fridge to, the engineer said this was normal and was in the temp range it should be -2 to +5 degrees!!!
While the food is freezing in the bottom food stored at the top was around 9 degrees which i would say is too warm.
Has anyone else had issues with this fridge?
Cheers
Community Updates
21 Comments
the engineer is fobbing you off. A fridge should maintain a consistent 4-6C and never freeze anything! I would demand a replacement.

Mind you, I wouldnt have bought anything by hotpoint in the first place. Terrible reliability on everything they make.
that's what I thought, going through the motions of getting tesco direct to take it back and refund
hi did you get this problem sorted out i have just purchased the same Hotpoint fridge freezer and are having the same problems as you
talia88

hi did you get this problem sorted out i have just purchased the same … hi did you get this problem sorted out i have just purchased the same Hotpoint fridge freezer and are having the same problems as you

different fridge, but our hotpoint took two days to settle down, I put a thermometer in there to watch it, I thought it was faulty because one minute it was freezing then it was warm.

put the temperature setting to the recommend and leave it, fingers crossed it will be like ours and be fine.

I was going to call hotpoint but the other half convinced me to wait.

as I said it is a different fride though.
Yep all sorted now, managed to get tesco to take it back and give me a refund, now have a Samsung which actually works as a fridge freezer.
For weeks after hotpoint kept trying to charge me for the callout, bunch of useless morons.
Could you tell me what was wrong with yours please as I have had an hotpoint engineer out on Thursday and he has told me there is nothing wrong with the fridge and to change temperature we have done that but everything is still coming out warm I purchased it from a catalogue and they are refusing to take it back i am really unhappy with it and and don't really know what to do
sounds the same as ours, everything at top was warm over 9 degrees, stuff in the food safe drawer was freezing solid, the donut manager said this was normal and told us to put beer/wine in bottom drawer and jams etc... at the top, complete joke of a company.
Yes they are saying the same to us how did you manage to get it returned please
Kept on at tesco, to be fair they were very understanding, hotpoint were not interested at all.
OK the catalogue that I purchased it from are saying they need a code from hotpoint in order to take the fridge freezer back but hotpoint will not give this because there saying that it's not faulty
only way might be to get on to trading standards??
Yes I have been in contact with trading standards and they said I have the right to return but the catalogue will not take it back without a faulty code from hotpoint and hotpoint will not give me one because there saying it's not faulty yesterday the freezer had defrosted all my food and it was hotter then a cooker I have just been back in contact with hotpoint and there gonna send another engineer out on Monday I really don't know what to do I have made that many phone calls and nobody seems to want to help

Yes I have been in contact with trading standards and they said I have … Yes I have been in contact with trading standards and they said I have the right to return but the catalogue will not take it back without a faulty code from hotpoint and hotpoint will not give me one because there saying it's not faulty yesterday the freezer had defrosted all my food and it was hotter then a cooker I have just been back in contact with hotpoint and there gonna send another engineer out on Monday I really don't know what to do I have made that many phone calls and nobody seems to want to help

Monday?!?! Almost a week? thats plain terrible.

The catalogue people are fobbing you off. Demand that they take it back as your contract of sale is with them. They then have to take responsibility to get a fault code from the manufacturer.
IF they continue to refuse to take it back (I don't know how it was paid for however catalogues are usually monthly?). Stop the payments - put it on your drive and tell where they can collect it from. I bet they soon shift.

Edited by: "Holte_ender" 7th Jun 2016
I have tried absolutely everything to get them to pick it up the catalogue is not in my name so if I don't pay it will be my brother that has to pay for it hotpoint are a joke and will never get anything by them again
I guess Hotpoints are like this..just got rid of an undercounter fridge like this, no matter what we did stuff froze or was warm. Absolute bag of nails, Hotpoint not interested just kept fitting a new thermostat, still the same, then they blamed us for letting items touch the back of the fridge, wtf?..no we was not. And anyways its a fridge, I can't remember a "do not put stuff here" Zone?....got rid as soon as, got a cheap old currys one now, and it's nice to have a fridge back again..
Finally got the problem sorted out the fridge freezer was faulty and I am in the process of getting it sent back thanks to everybody for there advise and I would say to people that's thinking of buying this hotpoint model please don't it's really not worth the money
I’ve had the engineer out three times for the same thing and even now the bottom drawer freezes everything solid. I’m goig throug hotpoint sgain
I'm having the same issue. The defrost drawer freezes everything and the temperature at the top averages 9oC. I've had Hotpoint out twice the panel in the rear of the freezer blocks with ice and this time they are replacing the panel. I have previously had a firmware update but that didn't solve the issue.
Hi there I’ve recently had them out again and they changed the control board which must be faulty in loads of them as this resolved the issue and it no longer freezes anything. Keep getting the engineer out and do not let the, leave you stranded
WAWG16th Dec

I'm having the same issue. The defrost drawer freezes everything and the …I'm having the same issue. The defrost drawer freezes everything and the temperature at the top averages 9oC. I've had Hotpoint out twice the panel in the rear of the freezer blocks with ice and this time they are replacing the panel. I have previously had a firmware update but that didn't solve the issue.

Also try putting your fridge on +4
Its currently on +4
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants