Groups

Has anyone got a nice rice recipe I can do for BBQ?

Afternoon all.

Doing BBQ today, am looking for a yummy rice recipe I ca make as a side - I can make a mean egg fried rice and Jamican rice & peas but neither quite match LOL!

Just marinated my meats and need to pop to Sainsbury's so can pick any ingredients I need, can anyone share their secrets, please?

Thank yous x

8 Comments

Banned

peri peri rice.. my sister puts peri peri sauce in the rice and it tastes yum!

damn I want to go to a BBQ today now lol

Original Poster

bykergrove;8445411

peri peri rice.. my sister puts peri peri sauce in the rice and it tastes … peri peri rice.. my sister puts peri peri sauce in the rice and it tastes yum!

So just cook plain rice and add some peri-peri sauce at the end?
    Could chuck some sweetcorn and garden peas in :thinking:

milewide;8445424

]http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/food/recipes/queryengine?templatestyle=refine_by_1_gg&orig_kw=rice&config=db&scope=recipes&page=1&pagesize=15&attrib_26=keywords&oper_26=eq&val_26_1=rice&attrib_2=programme_name&oper_2=eq&val_2_1=&attrib_3=chef_name&oper_3=eq&val_3_1=&attrib_13=quick&oper_13=eq&val_13_1=1&attrib_10=vegetarian&oper_10=eq&submit=Search+recipes

Thanks, am hoping for some personal recommendations ideally

numptyj;8445428

damn I want to go to a BBQ today now lol

Sorry, cool dudes only

Try a peeled banana cut lengthways and placed in a tin foil 'boat'.
    Add a mars bar between the two slices and drizzle over a generous portion of rum.
    Fold the foil over so they are all covered and then bbq for approx 10 mins (until the choc has melted).
    Remove from heat, let them stand for a minute, peel off foil and serve.
    BBQ jamaican bananas, done.

minifish33;8445473

Try a peeled banana cut lengthways and placed in a tin foil 'boat'.Add a … Try a peeled banana cut lengthways and placed in a tin foil 'boat'.Add a mars bar between the two slices and drizzle over a generous portion of rum.Fold the foil over so they are all covered and then bbq for approx 10 mins (until the choc has melted).Remove from heat, let them stand for a minute, peel off foil and serve.BBQ jamaican bananas, done.

I'm so sorry, I've just seen the word 'rice' in the title! What an idiot I am! :oops:
    The bananas are nice though :thumbsup:

Original Poster

minifish33;8445473

Try a peeled banana cut lengthways and placed in a tin foil 'boat'.Add a … Try a peeled banana cut lengthways and placed in a tin foil 'boat'.Add a mars bar between the two slices and drizzle over a generous portion of rum.Fold the foil over so they are all covered and then bbq for approx 10 mins (until the choc has melted).Remove from heat, let them stand for a minute, peel off foil and serve.BBQ jamaican bananas, done.

Sounds good, do I just chuck the rice in at the end? :prop:

bykergrove;8445411

peri peri rice.. my sister puts peri peri sauce in the rice and it tastes … peri peri rice.. my sister puts peri peri sauce in the rice and it tastes yum!

with some grated mature cheddar even better :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions