Has anyone got a PC that runs windows aswell as mac?

25 replies
25 Comments

you can dual boot if thats what you mean yes

The tech guys at work run win Vista, 7, osx and a Linux build, Christ knows how its done but its pretty cool

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8756466

Yes it is. Gonna do it to mine at some point.

Yeah im considering it to mate, got windows xp and 7 on one pc at the moment wouldnt mind a MAc aswell, any link to any sites anyone can recomend?

Thanks

Banned

certain netbooks are ripe to run osx,

Original Poster

sancho1983;8756479

The tech guys at work run win Vista, 7, osx and a Linux build, Christ … The tech guys at work run win Vista, 7, osx and a Linux build, Christ knows how its done but its pretty cool

Its quite easy mate all you have to do is partition the hardirve and then install your operating system.

Original Poster

winifer;8756475

you can dual boot if thats what you mean yes

Yeah doing that now mate but dont know which mac to go for etc

I had Snow Leopard 10.6 on my dell mini 9 it looks nice just a bit boring when there is nothing decent to run on it.

Banned

Just buy a Mac if you want to run OSX. It's fine if you just want to have a play with it but for long term use I see no point in running a hackintosh.

im running Tiny Win7 / OSX (snowywind osx) / sabayon linux 5 / bt4 linux on my acer aspire one!

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;8756807

im running Tiny Win7 / OSX (snowywind osx) / sabayon linux 5 / bt4 linux … im running Tiny Win7 / OSX (snowywind osx) / sabayon linux 5 / bt4 linux on my acer aspire one!

not bad mate any links on how to install the mac os?

thanks

Original Poster

spobby;8756915

guide for a … guide for a dell.]http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-mini-10-guides/16574-complete-guide-dual-booting-10v-windows-7-osx-10-6-2-a.html

Thanks mate will take a look

Workbench 3.1?

GEM/STE TOS 1.62...ah the days

Currently installed on my PC. Just gotta make sure your PC is compatible in terms of the chipset etc. Even runs all the applications as u'd expect.

Original Poster

DarrylJohn;8757348

Currently installed on my PC. Just gotta make sure your PC is compatible … Currently installed on my PC. Just gotta make sure your PC is compatible in terms of the chipset etc. Even runs all the applications as u'd expect.

Not bad mate any tutorials?

I'd recommend IDeneb 1.6. Just don't install any of the upgrade's(OS) as it wouldn't boot afterwards.

I would recommend starting on a formatted HD.. boot up into IDeneb, hopefully it will see this HD, then partition that and install. You can then install windows on the other partitions - optional though.

Can be tricky as to what partition is set to active, i use a boot up cd with different utilities on - not sure this is required, but it helped me sort out the booting, as it would just boot straight into mac.

andel90;8756496

Its quite easy mate all you have to do is partition the hardirve and then … Its quite easy mate all you have to do is partition the hardirve and then install your operating system.

Need to be careful with with various boot menus, especially getting GRUB working with Windows 7's boot menu. When I installed Ubuntu/Win7 on my laptop, I think I installed Ubuntu, then Windows 7, and then booted via the Ubuntu LiveCD to add a Windows entry to GRUB.

Banned

dcx_badass;8756959

Why if you want a mac then you get much more, for a lot less money.

I know nobody (and I work in IT and know a lot of people) who would choose a hackintosh over a real Mac should they actually want to go the Mac route. I've not encountered a single person who has decided to buy a non-Apple machine to run as a Mac over buying an actual Mac.

As I said, Hackintoshes are for the fiddlers and tinkerers, the IT literate who like to play with that sort of thing.

Original Poster

DarrylJohn;8757423

I'd recommend IDeneb 1.6. Just don't install any of the upgrade's(OS) as … I'd recommend IDeneb 1.6. Just don't install any of the upgrade's(OS) as it wouldn't boot afterwards.I would recommend starting on a formatted HD.. boot up into IDeneb, hopefully it will see this HD, then partition that and install. You can then install windows on the other partitions - optional though. Can be tricky as to what partition is set to active, i use a boot up cd with different utilities on - not sure this is required, but it helped me sort out the booting, as it would just boot straight into mac.

Thanks mate

andel90;8756896

not bad mate any links on how to install the mac os?thanks

everything you need should be] here alo see ]osx86.

master_chief;8757517

I know nobody (and I work in IT and know a lot of people) who would … I know nobody (and I work in IT and know a lot of people) who would choose a hackintosh over a real Mac should they actually want to go the Mac route. I've not encountered a single person who has decided to buy a non-Apple machine to run as a Mac over buying an actual Mac.As I said, Hackintoshes are for the fiddlers and tinkerers, the IT literate who like to play with that sort of thing.

I work in IT and have a hackintosh installed on my netbook (I've also got 2 macbooks).

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;8758276

everything you need should be] here alo see ]osx86.

Thanks for this mate will defo take a look

You can switch to AHCI mode via registry with driver being placed in system 32 and bios being set without having to reinstall your operating systems. It's a mess on which most would not want to do.

Handy for SSD which the normal seems to be AHCI mode to get most out of them

ocztechnologyforum.com/for…ion

windows 7 is easier than xp I would assume (vista) will be just as easy as 7
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien628
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    3. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68
    4. amazon echo idiots guide69

See more discussions