Groups

Has anyone got a projector?

I have been looking at getting a HD projector and wondered if anyone had one? What are your views on them...Also, I am sure I read that you can use a "black out blind" as your screen, is this true, and is it just as good? Thanks

13 Comments

My uncle has one he uses a wall in his conservatory thats painted white. lol

Ive got a HD one, and I use a black out blind!! lol, couldnt afford a proper screen, so i just popped down to ikea and got a white pull down blind.

mine's mounted on the celing with a ceiling mount i got off ebay for £2!

dean3988;5168928

Ive got a HD one, and I use a black out blind!! lol, couldnt afford a … Ive got a HD one, and I use a black out blind!! lol, couldnt afford a proper screen, so i just popped down to ikea and got a white pull down blind.mine's mounted on the celing with a ceiling mount i got off ebay for £2!

Yea i dont think a screen is needed. As long as you have something white to put it against. Maybe someone else knows different.

Yes I have a HD projector. Yes they are fantastic for films, football and PS3/360. Buy a screen or look out for a projector when they do offers and included a free screen.

i used a yellow wall lol

This is mine

google.com/pro…m=4

it's not a new model (not an HD) but it does me just fine and I just blast mine onto a magnola wall. If you've got light coloured walls, buy projector first then se how you get on. I was all intent on buying a screen, btbh once I'd seen it on the wall I was more than happy.

The best piece of advice I can give you is, make sure you darken your room as much as possible, much better return than trying to buy the very brightest lamp. My lamp is about 4000 hours. I've had the PJ for over 3 years and I haven't even used a 1000 hours depspite using it every weekend.

Everyone is always really impressed when they see the PJ in action. I've got a crap telly but for movies and sports I fire the PJ up. If I had a 50 inch plasma I probalbly wouldn't bother with a PJ though.

In sum

Get an HD one

Black out your room

Impress the pants off everyone

They are ace

I got mine for £40 off ebay, full 1080i HD, Just didnt have a bulb, but i had one spare from an old one that my dad had from work, which broke

I've got a HD700X

here's a comparison 92" picture 720p (just took these pictures and do realise that my camera lense needs cleaning and wall needs plastering :lol:)

]Screen
    ]Wall (painted magnolia)

Yes, we've got one. Brilliant. Just project it onto the magnolia painted living room wall ( which, as a wall could do with a bit of re-decoration) - great picture. Love it for Friday night (HD) DVDs

would it make a massive difference if the wall was a very light colour (say magnolia) but the wallpaper had a slight pattern (not like the old days of Blown Vinyl wallpaper:-D)

bingledee;5316772

would it make a massive difference if the wall was a very light colour … would it make a massive difference if the wall was a very light colour (say magnolia) but the wallpaper had a slight pattern (not like the old days of Blown Vinyl wallpaper:-D)

It depends on what type of paper it is really. If the wallpaper is refelective in anyway and can be very off putting.

When I got my first projector I was projecting onto a wall painted with grey paint. I've now got s 108" (measured diagonally) electric screen with a Panasonic 1080p projector and it was all worth every penny!

peteivy;5316892

It depends on what type of paper it is really. If the wallpaper is … It depends on what type of paper it is really. If the wallpaper is refelective in anyway and can be very off putting. When I got my first projector I was projecting onto a wall painted with grey paint. I've now got s 108" (measured diagonally) electric screen with a Panasonic 1080p projector and it was all worth every penny!

wouldnt say oit was refflective at all... but i know ultimately i'll invest in a screen,,

been looking at

hd65
    hd700x
    and gt-700

all from optoma
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …270933
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764563
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1719
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523459

See more discussions