Has anyone got a replacement sim from EE recently?

Found 16th Jan 2016
My dad has misplaced his EE phone and over the last two weeks he has been looking for it without success. It is somewhere in his house but when I call it there is no ringing tone so it must be on silent. I have looked at the account on the internet and no one has used the phone during the two weeks so it is not stolen by someone who has found it.

I will get a replacement sim for him as the account is in my name. T-Mobile used to charge for replacement sim but I am told that EE doesn't. Anyone can confirm this or otherwise? Their website seems to indicate a cost but I spoke to EE and they said it is free in store?

10 Comments

ee tried to charge me but I laughed and told them that in all my years I'd never been charged. she did it as good will. she did say it was free if u pick up 1 from a store.

Orange here, but similar issue - if you can log in online there is a section to ask for a new sim. They post it out and you may have to ring customer services to get it fully activated. I did this a few months ago, all with no charge. Or you can pick one up in store free.
Edited by: "Mermoo" 16th Jan 2016

Original Poster

thanks guys. good to hear confirmation that it is free.
i have replaced t-mobile sims before and gets charged unless it is faulty which is so tight of them as it costs a penny to them and they charge you just over a tenner!

I was told that they are free if you pick one up in store, or they will post you one out for a £10 fee.

They are free instore and the replacement is done there and then so you leave with a working sim

About 2 weeks ago I picked one up for my nephew, the assistant just said no problem and handed it over!!!

mutley1

thanks guys. good to hear confirmation that it is free.i have replaced … thanks guys. good to hear confirmation that it is free.i have replaced t-mobile sims before and gets charged unless it is faulty which is so tight of them as it costs a penny to them and they charge you just over a tenner!

Hopefully it is an android phone? Then you can use below to ring even when on silent.

If you have a Google account associated with the device, you can use Google Device Manager to send an alert to your phone.

Sign in to your Google Account on android.com/dev…ger.

If you have more than one device, click the arrow next to the device name to select a different device.

Select any of the following options in the top left corner of the screen:
Ring: Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes - even if it's set to silent or vibrate.
Lock: Locks your device with a new password.
Erase: Permanently deletes all of your data.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Jan 2016

cecilmcroberts

Hopefully it is an android phone? Then you can use below to ring even … Hopefully it is an android phone? Then you can use below to ring even when on silent. If you have a Google account associated with the device, you can use Google Device Manager to send an alert to your phone. Sign in to your Google Account on android.com/devicemanager. If you have more than one device, click the arrow next to the device name to select a different device. Select any of the following options in the top left corner of the screen: Ring: Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes - even if it's set to silent or vibrate. Lock: Locks your device with a new password. Erase: Permanently deletes all of your data.

I don't know many android phones that would still have charge after 2 weeks though.

I recently got a new phone so had to phone up EE for a different sized sim card, they did it all free of charge there was never even a mention of a charge for it. (The phone wasn't from them either - I'm on a sim only)

nbuuifx

I don't know many android phones that would still have charge after 2 … I don't know many android phones that would still have charge after 2 weeks though.I recently got a new phone so had to phone up EE for a different sized sim card, they did it all free of charge there was never even a mention of a charge for it. (The phone wasn't from them either - I'm on a sim only)

Lol, that's very true! No harm in wishing though or even using to lock/erase the phone etc.

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Hopefully it is an android phone? Then you can use below to ring even … Hopefully it is an android phone? Then you can use below to ring even when on silent. If you have a Google account associated with the device, you can use Google Device Manager to send an alert to your phone. Sign in to your Google Account on android.com/devicemanager. If you have more than one device, click the arrow next to the device name to select a different device. Select any of the following options in the top left corner of the screen: Ring: Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes - even if it's set to silent or vibrate. Lock: Locks your device with a new password. Erase: Permanently deletes all of your data.

good to know if my phone goes missing. unfortunately my dad's phone is a basic 2G phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants