Posted 3rd Jan 2022 (Posted 4 h, 33 m ago)
Good Afternoon to you all.
I’m thinking of installing 2 of these. Before I visit the Velux Shop, can anyone give an honest review, and are they worth while or just a gimmick?
14971793831641223527.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
7 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Ey up chick. We looked at these when we were going to build a house. (If it’s the ones I’m thinking of, opens outwards and has the top window opening upwards and the bottom one opening up to create a balcony with rails at each side.) From a practicality view, They’re very small and doesn’t really do much. It’s too small to put a seat for two people and if you do a double one then you still have the rails in between. As for the product itself they’re sturdy and look nice and reasonably priced. It’s the actual installation that will cost.
  2. Avatar
    Author
    This is what I’ve currently got, but need replacing and would like more light.46603003-Ou0PP.jpg46603003-mxBuF.jpg
  3. Avatar
    Toptrumpet03/01/2022 15:36

This is what I’ve currently got, but need replacing and would like more l …This is what I’ve currently got, but need replacing and would like more light.[Image] [Image]

Not sure it would work TT, they’re really designed to go on a slope, not sure if you’d need to go further into the eaves? Worthwhile looking, they’re a similar size to those, just not sure how practically they’d work on a wall.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Bambibear03/01/2022 15:42

Not sure it would work TT, they’re really designed to go on a slope, not s …Not sure it would work TT, they’re really designed to go on a slope, not sure if you’d need to go further into the eaves? Worthwhile looking, they’re a similar size to those, just not sure how practically they’d work on a wall.

I could take the eves wall out. Everything is being stripped out and redone. I’m meant to be meeting up with the architect in the next two weeks - just want to show him some ideas, so he can submit plans etc.
  5. Avatar
    Toptrumpet03/01/2022 15:49

I could take the eves wall out. Everything is being stripped out and …I could take the eves wall out. Everything is being stripped out and redone. I’m meant to be meeting up with the architect in the next two weeks - just want to show him some ideas, so he can submit plans etc.

I’d go for it. Just be aware that you can’t really sit in it and have a glass of wine etc, if that’s what you want to do, it’d be a bigger balcony/maybe dormer with doors. The velux cabrio would give you more light though and it’s nice to be able to look around if you have nice views.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    Bambibear03/01/2022 15:57

I’d go for it. Just be aware that you can’t really sit in it and have a gla …I’d go for it. Just be aware that you can’t really sit in it and have a glass of wine etc, if that’s what you want to do, it’d be a bigger balcony/maybe dormer with doors. The velux cabrio would give you more light though and it’s nice to be able to look around if you have nice views.

I’m hoping for this view, but from the left and a bit further back.46603206-TIpMJ.jpg
    Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 3 h, 54 m ago
  7. Avatar
    Looks good, I’ll help you decorate if there’s a weekend away in it for me (especially as I don’t have to travel as far as you!).
Post a comment
Top Merchants