Has anyone got a windows vista disc i can borrow?

13 replies
Found 16th Dec 2008
I have my own product key but can't find my disc and Acer want to charge me £50!
more than happy to pay p&p both ways.

11 Comments

yeah i can sort that for you, i aint used mine yet, its an upgrade one for a dell, is that any use?

why don't you just download a torrent of it?

what version of vista is it?

EliTom

Original Poster

skyfulofscars;3779077

yeah i can sort that for you, i aint used mine yet, its an upgrade one … yeah i can sort that for you, i aint used mine yet, its an upgrade one for a dell, is that any use?

is it the full programme?

the dandy p;3779110

why don't you just download a torrent of it?

If you know of one that is guarenteed the real deal then i would

Original Poster

elitom;3779119

what version of vista is it?EliTom

home premium

im not sure, i presume it would be as im upgrading from xp?

Original Poster

That would be great probably be best to leave it until after xmas due to post

There are only 2 versions of Vista on DVD, 32 bit and 64 bit. The DVDs are the same, it's just the serial which determines which version is installed.

Banned

flyingflea;3793915

There are only 2 versions of Vista on DVD, 32 bit and 64 bit. The DVDs … There are only 2 versions of Vista on DVD, 32 bit and 64 bit. The DVDs are the same, it's just the serial which determines which version is installed.

not true, Home basic, home premium, ultimate, 32 bit, 64bit.

csiman;3795877

not true, Home basic, home premium, ultimate, 32 bit, 64bit.

I think you'll find there are 6 editions in total but the 32-bit Home basic, home premium, ultimate, business and enterprise vista DVDs are all identical. As are 64-bit Home basic, home premium, ultimate vista, business and enterprise. I haven't got time to look it up now and show up but have a look yourself if you don't believe me,

Banned

flyingflea;3797281

I think you'll find there are 6 editions in total but the 32-bit Home … I think you'll find there are 6 editions in total but the 32-bit Home basic, home premium, ultimate, business and enterprise vista DVDs are all identical. As are 64-bit Home basic, home premium, ultimate vista, business and enterprise. I haven't got time to look it up now and show up but have a look yourself if you don't believe me,

I said there are more than two versions which you originally quoted. You just corrected yourself above so no need to look it up ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. With or without cream?22
    2. Is it illegal to sell train tickets?33
    3. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo212
    4. Sweet Sunday Codes11

See more discussions