Has anyone got any ideas/advice on where I should go to get new blinds fitted around my house?

Hello,

I'm back on HUKD asking advice on my home improvements again. So thank you in advance for any advice that I get

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any blinds fitted recently. I'm unsure as to whether to get them supplied and fitted professionally or whether to buy online and fit myself. I had a local company round last night and they quoted £900. I thought that seemed a bit steep.

Thanks very much.

Andy

8 Comments

I fitted mine myself and it is not difficult. Getting the measurements correct is the important part, the fitting is very easy. I have used Web blinds and Blinds to go. I found Web blinds had more choice. Blinds to go gave very good instruction in PDF. I expect you can find YouTube with useful videos. I have angled bay windows and it was about £115. Link for measuring blinds-2go.co.uk/mea…htm

Rose5

I fitted mine myself and it is not difficult. Getting the measurements … I fitted mine myself and it is not difficult. Getting the measurements correct is the important part, the fitting is very easy. I have used Web blinds and Blinds to go. I found Web blinds had more choice. Blinds to go gave very good instruction in PDF. I expect you can find YouTube with useful videos. I have angled bay windows and it was about £115. Link for measuring http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/measuring.htm

Can confirm there's lots of videos showing how to put up all types of blind, very good step by step. If I can do it anyone can! Lol good luck

Beautiful Blinds....Bradford

that does seem steep how many windows is that for like 20+ I had them for around 200 for 8 blinds usually these offers like 3 for 99 or 7 for 199 try other companies.

I can't fault Hillarys
Blinds fitted all round in the conservatory (south facing) approx. 9 yrs ago not faded at all.
I would have liked to have fitted them myself but option then not available. Option now available and have fitted on 3 windows in the kitchen, easily fitted and saved a packet.

Blinds to go always cut to fit perfectly if you measure properly and submit with the order. Lasted us well and good choice/quality. Prefer the perforated ones myself.

Original Poster

Thanks. One plus from having a quote from the company was that he left an order sheet with me with all the measurements on....I'll double check... but they are already on there. If it's easy to fit them- I might go with that option. Its for 3 big, bay windows, and 3 smaller windows. £900 is obviously too dear by the sounds of it!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sky or Virgin?1418
    2. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1015
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?24
    4. O2 data roaming in France44

See more discussions