Has anyone got feedback on the kurio smart 8.9 tablet /laptop for kids?

Found 25th Oct 2015
my son has asked for this for Xmas and I can't find many reviews online so looking to see if anyone has purchased this and can advise good or bad points?

thanks in advance

4 Comments

For the kind of money they are asking for it I would suggest it's very poor value for money when you can get things like

The Asus T100 2 in 1 which is well reviewed and the one with the 500gb keyboard dock is a very reasonable deal
amazon.co.uk/gp/…-21

If a tablet option is not entirely required then something like this with a 3 year warranty is a good option
johnlewis.com/sto…321

There are quite a lot of better options out there if you ask me where you get better specification for the money on something that's not marketed to kids and their parents who know no better (obviously you do know better as you've asked for advice). I'd be asking what does your son want to do on it? Do they plan to play games? If so buying a decent android dedicated tablet might be more suitable and then get an aftermarket keyboard case. There's also the option of buying a refurbished machine which might cover any games your son may want to play in the world of windows.

Original Poster

Thank-you vermouth for your advice. I have no idea, to be honest I don't own a laptop for myself and only have an old pc with xp on it so all the specs and mind boggling so say the least. My son is only 9 so it will be mainly app games he wants to play and will be helpful for him to do school projects too.

jacki10

Thank-you vermouth for your advice. I have no idea, to be honest I don't … Thank-you vermouth for your advice. I have no idea, to be honest I don't own a laptop for myself and only have an old pc with xp on it so all the specs and mind boggling so say the least. My son is only 9 so it will be mainly app games he wants to play and will be helpful for him to do school projects too.

It's a hard decision to make in the circumstances, if it's for games then I'd go for a decent android tablet as you will get much more life out of that than this machine from ToysRUs. However, for the school projects it may be worth upgrading your desktop to something a bit more recent, I'd be willing to bet the screen keyboard and so on are all fine, just that the tower is a bit long in the tooth.

Some ideas would be

hotukdeals.com/dea…986
A decent tablet with 2 years warranty.

hotukdeals.com/dea…625
Something cheaper but offers a good size screen and acceptable specs for a 9 year old.

However a search for "tablet" will be a better option, wait for people to post their opinions of the deal and use the heat meter to make a decision, we should see lots of deals popping up daily between now and December.

I'd bookmark this search and check it when you can, if you see a deal that looks good see what the community says about it. If you're unsure, post to the thread and someone will be more than happy to advise if it would be a good option.

hotukdeals.com/sea…=30

jacki10

Thank-you vermouth for your advice. I have no idea, to be honest I don't … Thank-you vermouth for your advice. I have no idea, to be honest I don't own a laptop for myself and only have an old pc with xp on it so all the specs and mind boggling so say the least. My son is only 9 so it will be mainly app games he wants to play and will be helpful for him to do school projects too.

Sod all I told you - This is the deal for you in the circumstances

hotukdeals.com/dea…777

Comes with Office, free upgrade to windows 10 and the keyboard dock. I also believe this is the same one that has the large back up drive in the keyboard dock which makes it even better a deal if it does. If it doesn't it's still a good deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions