Has anyone got Skyfire on their iPad?

17 replies
Found 12th Mar 2011
I'd like to know if the Louis Vuitton website works on it!! Its really annoying that Apple refuse to use Flash when most luxury brands do! Back on topic, is the 3.99 Skyfire App worth buying? I don't need it to watch videos just for interactive flash intensive websites (like Louis Vuitton i guess!). Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

17 Comments

skyfire is ONLY for flash video. it finds flash videos in the site transcode them and gives you a link to play the video. it doesn't give you flash support. the louis vuitton site just tells you that you need flash

Original Poster

wolf359

skyfire is ONLY for flash video. it finds flash videos in the site … skyfire is ONLY for flash video. it finds flash videos in the site transcode them and gives you a link to play the video. it doesn't give you flash support. the louis vuitton site just tells you that you need flash

Thanks! That's no use to me then...

nope sorry. outside of jailbreaking i don't think you'll see flash on IOS anytime soon

Original Poster

wolf359

nope sorry. outside of jailbreaking i don't think you'll see flash on IOS … nope sorry. outside of jailbreaking i don't think you'll see flash on IOS anytime soon

Do you know anything about jailbreaking? Pros and cons? Im not really tech minded so don't really want to mess around with its inner workings!!

only real con is the fact you have to wait for the scene to release new jailbreaks after apple release new firmware. its easy to do, plenty of guides and information available.
google redmondpie and take a look at the guides etc on there

And are there any other flash alternatives besides frash? I'm going to try that on the iPad later?

Original Poster

melmorc

And are there any other flash alternatives besides frash? I'm going to … And are there any other flash alternatives besides frash? I'm going to try that on the iPad later?

I've just downloaded a free app called swifter and it seems to workn very well even with flash heavy sites. It's initially a bit slow on start up but seems to get quicker as you go along. It even works with the said lv site!

ei8hty5ive - is this from cydia please?

Get the Puffin app. Works on all flash sites,

59p or free on installous

ChrisUK

Get the Puffin app. Works on all flash sites,59p or free on installous

Agreed, works great

Stoopid question!! Is puffin an alternative to safari, or does it work in conjunction with safari?

Ta

souljacker

Agreed, works great

Edited by: "melmorc" 13th Mar 2011

it's an alternative, very similar to safari

Thanks - will give it a go. As I can't see it in cydia, di I need to add installous as a source? Sorry bit of a jb noob!

souljacker

it's an alternative, very similar to safari

Mail Louis Vuitton and say I will convert their flash site to HTML5 for a free handbag.

melmorc

Thanks - will give it a go. As I can't see it in cydia, di I need to add … Thanks - will give it a go. As I can't see it in cydia, di I need to add installous as a source? Sorry bit of a jb noob!

Add cydia.hackulo.us as a source, download hackulous & then all apps are free via hackulous

ChrisUK

Add http://cydia.hackulo.us as a source, download hackulous & then all … Add http://cydia.hackulo.us as a source, download hackulous & then all apps are free via hackulous

Thank you!!

No worries.

Enjoy the freebies
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc23
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?78
    3. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas11
    4. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project11

See more discussions