Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Has anyone had games/CDs lost via royal mail?

Posted 17th Dec 2019
Got a bunch of 1st party switch games that are about £30ish to sell, do they often go missing on the normal 1st/2nd class services? I know it's only around a pound on top but a pound saved is...
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Any post can go missing, if you can imagine at this time of year RM have even more post to deal with.

Personally I would pay the extra for peace of mind, but if saving that £1 difference is essential then do that. Also that you don't know if the buyer may try and say that never received too.

Isn't it insured for upto £20ish anyway if it goes missing? That might sway your decision a bit.
Never had a problem with games, dvds’s and cd’s not getting to intended destination when sold before using standard services from Royal Mail
I rarely sell anything any more but the one cd I sold a shpock this year went *missing*

Things that are sold have habit of going astray never had any issues with sending stuff to family and friends.

Games go as large letters they have no tracking if sent standard unlike a parcel and are only covered up to £20

definitely pay the extra £1 in my opinion
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 17th Dec 2019
The best thing to do is just pay the little bit extra and get it signed for just incase someone trys to scam saying the item never arrived.
It's less likely they go missing in the post and more likely (if not sent tracked) that the recipient will claim the item was not recieved. If tracked and delivered - a buyer is unlikely to try it on, if not tracked and the buyer claims unrecieved - ebay will side with the buyer because you have no proof of postage. Having said that, most buyers are honest.
Edited by: "Monzer" 17th Dec 2019
I have recently been selling some games for OH and I've been paying the extra for signed for and a couple of times they haven't gained a signature grrrr

That's the trouble with large letter it's too easy for some posties just to put them through the letterbox & not gain a signature which defeats the purpose of paying the extra for peace of mind.
I've always sent stuff that I've sold tracked/recorded for both my own peace of mind and also so that I can send tracking information to the buyer
To be honest I’m a Postie and it’s very rare things go missing, the odd thing can get damaged but the reality is 90% of missing items are just dodgy people on the other end claiming they didn’t receive and as no proof eBay go with them so they get a free item.
Domthedonkey17/12/2019 07:35

I have recently been selling some games for OH and I've been paying the …I have recently been selling some games for OH and I've been paying the extra for signed for and a couple of times they haven't gained a signature grrrrThat's the trouble with large letter it's too easy for some posties just to put them through the letterbox & not gain a signature which defeats the purpose of paying the extra for peace of mind.

It doesn’t defeat the purpose though; sometimes scans are missed but if that happens Royal Mail can’t prove item was delivered so if customer claims not received you’d be fully compensated.
toonsquirel17/12/2019 08:28

It doesn’t defeat the purpose though; sometimes scans are missed but if t …It doesn’t defeat the purpose though; sometimes scans are missed but if that happens Royal Mail can’t prove item was delivered so if customer claims not received you’d be fully compensated.

I pay the extra so a person can't make a false claim & I don't have to faff about with it so it does defeat the purpose.
toonsquirel17/12/2019 08:26

To be honest I’m a Postie and it’s very rare things go missing, the odd thi …To be honest I’m a Postie and it’s very rare things go missing, the odd thing can get damaged but the reality is 90% of missing items are just dodgy people on the other end claiming they didn’t receive and as no proof eBay go with them so they get a free item.

It's not rare at the moment as I've read loads of pages where parcels by all companies including RM have been delivered to the wrong address.Even a Special delivery one.I've never seen it as bad as this year.

Myself included as i've had something delivered for next door and vice versa
Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 17th Dec 2019
Domthedonkey17/12/2019 08:41

It's not rare at the moment as I've read loads of pages where parcels by …It's not rare at the moment as I've read loads of pages where parcels by all companies including RM have been delivered to the wrong address.Even a Special delivery one.I've never seen it as bad as this year.Myself included as i've had something delivered for next door and vice versa

Yeah that can happen but most the times they still get there as most people are honest and pass it to the person.
Domthedonkey17/12/2019 08:38

I pay the extra so a person can't make a false claim & I don't have to …I pay the extra so a person can't make a false claim & I don't have to faff about with it so it does defeat the purpose.

Yeah me too signed for isn’t too much more
I often think with games etc the customer would be the one trying it on(ie get a free game) over the postie (possibly losing their job). For the same of a £ your best covering your self as best you can.
Just get a 2d barcode, eBay accepts it as proof of delivery and it's free.
I've sold thousands of games posted via Royal Mail. The problem with signed for large letter (as already mentioned) is the games being put through the letter box without a signature, it happens all the time at this time of year. Almost always ends up with the buyer claiming not received. Better to just use standard and take the hit from any scammers, you'll get £20 back if you get a receipt from the post office anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants