Groups

Has anyone here ever sued someone?or been sued themselves?

As above really. I'm looking into this and would like to hear peoples' experiences.
    Thanks

21 Comments

might be more precise if you specified the reason why someone would be sued....

Banned

Not really 'used' so much... but just the odd one night stand where they thought it might develop further

DangerGod;6012297

Not really 'used' so much... but just the odd one night stand where they … Not really 'used' so much... but just the odd one night stand where they thought it might develop further

It says sued?

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;6012311

It says sued?

:oops:

Original Poster

lol 'sued'. Long story short-We shared a house with a girl who went on holiday and never came back. She was on the contract, all done properly etc. We want to get back the money she owes us for rent to the end that contract.

Lulu'sMammy;6012311

It says sued?

rearrange the letters :thumbsup:

clarelouise25;6012320

lol 'sued'. Long story short-We shared a house with a girl who went on … lol 'sued'. Long story short-We shared a house with a girl who went on holiday and never came back. She was on the contract, all done properly etc. We want to get back the money she owes us for rent to the end that contract.

then your fully entitled to, your not sueing her though, you are recouping the money (or part thereof) for the contract she signed herself into.

personally id go down the CAB or your solicitor and see what can be done about it. If it was done through an estate agency see them as well first.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6012332

then your fully entitled to, your not sueing her though, you are … then your fully entitled to, your not sueing her though, you are recouping the money (or part thereof) for the contract she signed herself into.personally id go down the CAB or your solicitor and see what can be done about it. If it was done through an estate agency see them as well first.

Thats what i thought. got no idea where to start though! A trip to citizens advice is needed i think

DangerGod;6012297

Not really 'used' so much... but just the odd one night stand where they … Not really 'used' so much... but just the odd one night stand where they thought it might develop further

DangerGod;6012316

:oops:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

clarelouise25;6012347

Thats what i thought. got no idea where to start though! A trip to … Thats what i thought. got no idea where to start though! A trip to citizens advice is needed i think

always the best and cheapest start to these things :thumbsup:

Banned

ilovepink;6012362

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

it happens lol

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;6012577

im in the process of sueing the builder who built my house, we have now … im in the process of sueing the builder who built my house, we have now over £30K worth of defects( and getting worse daily) on a brand new house. we bought it in 2004 started to sue 2006 and its still going as he is stalling with sending surveyors engineers and other round, its a long drawn out costly venture, but our barrister,solicitor and surveyor are all content with our defence and think we will win in court. so far its cost us over £20K and climbing

oh christ! you can get your costs back as part of it though cant you?if you're successful?

clarelouise25;6012612

oh christ! you can get your costs back as part of it though cant you?if … oh christ! you can get your costs back as part of it though cant you?if you're successful?

yes :thumbsup:

Is it for a lot of money?

Do you know where she is living now, and how much she earns?
    If it's small claims court, you only get your court fees back as far as i'm aware.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6012673

This is all important info, as I believe you will be looking at a small … This is all important info, as I believe you will be looking at a small claims process.

i know where she works but not where she lives. i dont know exactly how much she's earning but i know its £200+ a week, as she works for the same company as myself.
    we are looking at around 1500 at the moment.
    I found this website [url]www.moneyclaim.gov.uk[/url] looks like the kinda thing i need, if it falls into the category of a 'small claim' then it will be dealt with that way rather than if it were a bigger claim

clarelouise25;6012702

i know where she works but not where she lives. i dont know exactly how … i know where she works but not where she lives. i dont know exactly how much she's earning but i know its £200+ a week, as she works for the same company as myself.we are looking at around 1500 at the moment.I found this website [url]www.moneyclaim.gov.uk[/url] looks like the kinda thing i need, if it falls into the category of a 'small claim' then it will be dealt with that way rather than if it were a bigger claim

You need her address to get the papers served. Mandatory.
    You say it's £1500 at the moment. Why "at the moment"?

Original Poster

well i suppose its not at the moment really, we have put our notice in for the place and will just have one and a half months more rent to pay.
    And no one is gonna tell me where she lives, thats another problem i've got. she hasnt been there long enough to be on the electoral role etc

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6012895

You can't serve small claims proceedings without her address, sorry.

yeah i kinda expected that, but its something we will have to sort out. i was just interested in what other people have been through to get a rough idea of things to come

Banned

clarelouise25;6012880

well i suppose its not at the moment really, we have put our notice in … well i suppose its not at the moment really, we have put our notice in for the place and will just have one and a half months more rent to pay.And no one is gonna tell me where she lives, thats another problem i've got. she hasnt been there long enough to be on the electoral role etc

Follow her home?

Original Poster

that would be perfect except im in essex, shes in wales

Banned

Small claims court very easy up to £5000 and its on line.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions