Groups

Has anyone here worked abroad?

Banned
    basically i would love to work abroad this summer, has anyone here been and done it before? just looking for some pointers and info that could be helpful, places to apply etc..?

Not to fussy were i work, aslong as its out of england and hot!

any advice appreciated, thanks!

7 Comments

Banned

The wife has, she done a year in the south of France while doing Business with languages degree what do you need to know?

Yeah I enjoyed the free holidays 8-)

advice = Learn the language before you go

Banned

Does Scotland count?

Original Poster Banned

lumoruk;8941473

The wife has, she done a year in the south of France while doing Business … The wife has, she done a year in the south of France while doing Business with languages degree what do you need to know?Yeah I enjoyed the free holidays 8-)advice = Learn the language before you go

Im mainly looking to get a summer job somewhere.. bar work, cleaning etc.. not really fussy! just not sure how i go about it all.. i have seen a few sites advertising but thought ide ask here first for advice.

vibeone;8941484

Does Scotland count?

nah lol

I did for 8 years including Israel, Canada, Greece, France, & Spain.
    A good place to start is by reading ]Work your way around the world.
    Are you looking to travel or just work in one place?

Original Poster Banned

g1bbuk;8941583

I did for 8 years including Israel, Canada, Greece, France, & Spain. A … I did for 8 years including Israel, Canada, Greece, France, & Spain. A good place to start is by reading ]Work your way around the world.Are you looking to travel or just work in one place?

either! both would be great

Worked for 2 years in France for Canvas Holidays as a courier whihc involves cleaning mobile homes and tents, meeting and greeting customers but mainly involves drinking your own weight in alcohol whenever possible.. Was a brilliant experience, had great fun and met my wife whilst I was there as well (she wasn't my wife then, but my future wife, if you see what I mean). I think they will have recruited for this summer by now though.

i worked in tenerife for 7 months as PR, basically I was one of the annoying people that stood in the street trying to get people to come into the bar i worked at, with me so I could earn commission. it was good fun, free drinks all night, reasonable pay, got to meet loadsa people. wouldnt advise it for those who lack confidence, its all about convincing people that its a good choice to come in your bar, and there was always at least 5 people from other bars waiting around for you to fail so they could jump in.
    luckily theres a centre in tenerife to help out people that go there to work, they helped me find a housemate, a place to live and my first job.
    I booked a weeks holiday so I had time to sort stuff, i would advise at least a week so uv time to ask around and a couple of days to relax, some times I worked 7 days a week, u want to enjoy the place first
    if u decide on tenerife I can tell u places to go for help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764549
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …236754
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963021
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2245

See more discussions