Has anyone NOT had an iPhone replaced by apple whilst in warranty?

Not instore, but when sending by courier or royal mail. If so how did they notify you? or did the old phone just arrive back with a letter?

23 Comments

Banned

whats wrong with your iphone?

Original Poster

Mic problems, no water damage however condition wasnt the best. But ive sent a worse condition iphone before and it got replaced. Phoned the apple advisor and she said its been replaced

Banned

ive just requested mine to be replaced but i doubt it will.
bottom corner of the screen cracked whilst the iphone was in my skinny jeans
doesnt affect the touch screen at all.

Banned

http://a.imageshack.us/img638/2294/iphonec.jpg

Original Poster

Hmm still might get replaced. You never know.

If you courier it back to them unless the water indicator is activated it will be replaced every time,guaranteed.....the water indicator is all they look at,nothing else

boothy

If you courier it back to them unless the water indicator is activated it … If you courier it back to them unless the water indicator is activated it will be replaced every time,guaranteed.....the water indicator is all they look at,nothing else

when i went to an apple store to get my iphone replaced the water indicator was activated, asked me how this might of come about, i said i didnt know and they replaced it anyways!

Banned

deeppockets

when i went to an apple store to get my iphone replaced the water … when i went to an apple store to get my iphone replaced the water indicator was activated, asked me how this might of come about, i said i didnt know and they replaced it anyways!

what was wrong with your iphone?

thedealsealer

what was wrong with your iphone?

case had hairline cracks in it and some bigger ones nearby where you plug your charger cable in

plastic backing is crappy on 3G & 3Gs, mines cracking around charger hole and around silence switch.

daBluone

plastic backing is crappy on 3G & 3Gs, mines cracking around charger hole … plastic backing is crappy on 3G & 3Gs, mines cracking around charger hole and around silence switch.

if its still in warranty go get a new one

Sounds like Apple are just as big a sucker as their customers.
Edited by: "moob" 2nd Aug 2010

oh here we go......

Ive had my 3G for 2 years and not one scratch on screen - the only phone Ive had thats performed this well and for a long time was my Motorola V3. Most other phones Ive used are plastic junk with weak screens. Im not an apple fanboy either - I had the iphone 4 for one day, noticed the problems with signal and yellow spots on screen, I googled for help and came across Steve jobs comments and "solutions" - I took it back vowing to never purchase Apple again. They are the new microsoft and all the have waiting for themselves is the long fall from the top.

Edited by: "daBluone" 2nd Aug 2010

Original Poster

Okay sent the iPhone on Friday. Received my refurb replacement today. RESULT!!!

Banned

MarzBarz

Okay sent the iPhone on Friday. Received my refurb replacement today. … Okay sent the iPhone on Friday. Received my refurb replacement today. RESULT!!!

thats excellent!
sent mine off today, will see how it goes

Original Poster

Mine is actually a new replacement not refurb after all

I don't mean to hijack, but does anyone know if dust under the 3Gs screen is covered under the warranty?

Original Poster

Just make up a fault m8 , say it disconnects calls randomly, it only happens now and then blah blah, say youve restored it etc

They will replace it.

MarzBarz

Just make up a fault m8 , say it disconnects calls randomly, it only … Just make up a fault m8 , say it disconnects calls randomly, it only happens now and then blah blah, say youve restored it etcThey will replace it.

Cheers, I will give it a try

Original Poster

It will work, im almost 99% sure.

Recently had my iphone 4 swapped coz it had a loose home button.

Then the replacement i recieved, I then went home to discover the proximity sensor just did not work AT ALL. So i'm going back down there friday which i'm really p!ssd off about. Shouldn't have to do this, and the most stupid thing is even if you ask to check your replacement iphone even if that one turns out to be faulty you have to keep it and re-book a "genius" appointment. What a load of b.s eh?

Original Poster

12 months warranty, mine was expiring in a few days. So i bought my apple care for no reason, i now have a phone with 2 years warranty left lol.

Banned

mine is coming up as replacement product shipped.
so well see what that turns out like

does anyone know if whether you get the same amount of warranty as you had on your previous iphone? or less?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1328
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767102
    3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1221
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422814431

See more discussions