has anyone noticed heinz lentil soup has changed

has anyone noticed that the heinz lentil soup has changed ?? used to love it but not so keen on it now !!!

22 Comments

heinz' stuff seems to be substandard compared to what it used to be. Mulligatawny is another one they've ruined :-(

Original Poster

Shengis

heinz' stuff seems to be substandard compared to what it used to be. … heinz' stuff seems to be substandard compared to what it used to be. Mulligatawny is another one they've ruined :-(

oh shengis is that a "moan" there lol

anything u do like?

ohhhh i agree actually!! Heinz oxtail isnt like it used to be either!! the only one which hasnt changed i feel is Tomato

mstiny

oh shengis is that a "moan" there lol

Nah that's an observation ;-) If I needed heinz soup to survive and it was ****, THEN i'd moan :lol:

Original Poster

jasonrat

anything u do like?

r u and shengus related at all ????????????

apart from going to the same cookery school
no i don't think so

OI come on IF you were on a dessert island with 40 tins of soup with NO tin opener! then you WOULD be gratefull for heinz with there ring pull lids! LOL

pcnutta

OI come on IF you were on a dessert island with 40 tins of soup with NO … OI come on IF you were on a dessert island with 40 tins of soup with NO tin opener! then you WOULD be gratefull for heinz with there ring pull lids! LOL

Is there seaweed..... and rum? :lol:

Nooo thats only in the films! On my island theres only heinz soup

Original Poster

jasonrat

apart from going to the same cookery schoolno i don't think so

r u being serious r u a chef then ?

Damn. Well as long as its not tomato i'll suffer it I suppose. That's the best selling heinz soup and the one I seriously can't eat (along with oxtail), never have figured out why though as I love things with tomatoes in:? Maybe its because it has a metallic taste:thinking:

** packs up 40 tins of tomato, throws them on island with shengis**
there you go SUFFER! LOL

mstiny

r u being serious r u a chef then ?

yep i am
and make better tomato soup than heinz
i have been told

Dunno about lentil soup as I don't like lentils.....but loads of things have changed,some recent,some not so recent........Krackawheat.....reduced salt!!
What is that about?

The reason they are so tasty is coz of the salt!!....same great taste my backside?!?!?:x

And wagon wheels........they have been great for many a year and now they change the biscuit to some rank,brown,chocco flavour,yucky.......so now I can't enjoy a wagon wheel!:-(

As for Special K....I know it changed ages ago,but it used to be a lovely light cereal and now it has hard bits that stick to yer teeth!!!

Grrrrr

I sound really old now!:oops:

pcnutta

** packs up 40 tins of tomato, throws them on island with shengis** there … ** packs up 40 tins of tomato, throws them on island with shengis** there you go SUFFER! LOL

Ah, I may have been bluffing and just scammed you into giving me 40 tins of tomato:p

Unfortunately not though:-(

:giggle:

Ohhh you clever thing you!! you have out witted me the last time shengis.... im taking your loot and taking your ship!

muckypup

I sound really old now!:oops:

Look on the bright side, at least we've had the opportunity to sample the stuff when it DID taste good, these poor young 'uns:giggle:

Oh and you forgot Nescafe. Getting more from the bean my ****. Used to taste good, now tastes of burnt nothings. Might as well just brew up some floor scrapings:-(

Original Poster

jasonrat

yep i amand make better tomato soup than heinzi have been told

oh u should put yoursellf forward for that programme "come dine with me " chance to win 1000 pound ! lol

jasonrat

yep i amand make better tomato soup than heinzi have been told

Maybe you should change your name to jasonrat - atouille !!! Boom - boom! :giggle:

Yes! Heinz lovely lentil soup is ruined:oops: :giggle:

What have they done to it? yuk! I emailed and said they would pass my comments onto the r&d department (yeah right!)

I won't be buying it anymore:cry:

(I made a big pot of my own - far nicer:giggle: :giggle: )

I dont like it as much as I used to either (and I used to LOVE heinz lentil soup, couldnt eat any other lentil soup it HAD to be heinz)

I mainly make my own soup though, make some a couple of times a week - nicer and healthier
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions