Has anyone "pop arted" one of their photographs before?

Supermod 15
Found 25th Nov 2008
I am looking for some advice on having a photograph of mine being made into a pop art style canvas picture or a framed picture. The kind of style I am looking for is Lichtenstein.

All help greatly appreciated.

1. Misc
  2. Photo
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Photo
14 Comments

cartoonize your pic - dont know what prog you use but its standard on most

im still using mgi photosuite - had it years - but i like it

Not really but why not try it out for yourself before you go ahead? Google gave me :
photojojo.com/con…rt/
Worth a look maybe.

Original Poster Supermod

Thats an awesome link thank you Chesso but ideally I am looking for someone to do it for me so that I know its going to be pretty professional.

Original Poster Supermod

holly100;3561485

cartoonize your pic - dont know what prog you use but its standard on … cartoonize your pic - dont know what prog you use but its standard on mostim still using mgi photosuite - had it years - but i like it

Thank you. I will bear it in mind if I cant find one to do it for me!!

one of our suppliers does this painted rather than it being generated by an application, it gives a better texture IMO, he's called Robert Harman, we have some of his work up in our studio of our models.

see his website: web.mac.com/har…tml

in b4 minstrel man

edit: fail.

black gerbil1;3561714

in b4 minstrel manedit: fail.

:roll:

Original Poster Supermod

MinstrelMan;3561702

one of our suppliers does this painted rather than it being generated by … one of our suppliers does this painted rather than it being generated by an application, it gives a better texture IMO, he's called Robert Harman, we have some of his work up in our studio of our models.see his website: http://web.mac.com/harmanart/Site/HARMANART_HOMEPAGE.html

They look good.
I am ideally looking for the style which is made up of many circles which form the colour of the object? The style of Roy Fox Lichtenstein. I cannot make out on the website if he uses this style himself?

magicjay1986;3561935

They look good. I am ideally looking for the style which is made up of … They look good. I am ideally looking for the style which is made up of many circles which form the colour of the object? The style of Roy Fox Lichtenstein. I cannot make out on the website if he uses this style himself?

yeah had a look, feel free to contact him and see if he can do it in your preferred style, no harm in asking for a quote. :thumbsup:

Try here, they are based in St Annes, Bristol and can quote you a price if you pop your image across

modern-canvas-art.com/mod…asp

choc1969;3562156

Try here, they are based in St Annes, Bristol and can quote you a price … Try here, they are based in St Annes, Bristol and can quote you a price if you pop your image acrosshttp://www.modern-canvas-art.com/modern-canvas-art---contact-us-2-w.asp

:lol: thanks for that, i'm getting this one for my games room! modern-canvas-art.com/ban…asp

somthing like these i produced for a uni project http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq34/homerj_09/pop22-1.jpg

Original Poster Supermod

Thanks guys. I have emailed people for some inspiration.

your looking for a colour halftone filter, its in photoshop not sure if its in gimp.org/ or other phono manipulation progs.

However you may need to simplify the image before hand, ie rid of any shadows and highlights etc. (a filter called cutout seems to be used a lot on those links posted to get the 2/3 tone effect)
Post a comment
@
    Text