Has anyone pre ordered a Philips hue sync box yet?

Posted 11th Dec 2019
In two minds about it myself, reviews on the site look a bit naff but all the YouTube reviews are decent. Beginning to think they're just obviously people who get paid to say nice stuff about Philips hue products.

Have used the lights and strips for years, recently adding the play bars to my setup over black Friday, and enjoy the products alot. Had I not already had a bridge id maybe have branched out to other cheaper brands but whilst my bridge is still being supported it makes no sense to buy other products. would love to get the sync box in Jan but I'm not convinced it's a £230 purchase worth making as of yet.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
You can try before you buy. Off your laptop you and rub hue sync which will
Do the same as the tv sync. Then just connect your laptop to your tv. Will let you kind of try before you buy.
I've got a feeling that the price of the Hue Sync Box might drop a bit after a few months. It's a nice product but the price is just too high, I could see retailers having to cut the price to shift them somewhere down the line. Actually what would be great would be if Xiaomi or someone made a similar box (that was compatible with Hue bulbs) at a fraction of the cost.
I'm waiting to see if Santa bringing me one, however there are rumours of a hue sync app coming to xbox. Since I'd only be using it with the xbox I may hold on a little
I’m waiting / hoping the sales will knock it to the £180 mark which is still blummin expensive for what it is, but is at least comparable to what the US pay for it.
Khtailor11/12/2019 20:23

You can try before you buy. Off your laptop you and rub hue sync which …You can try before you buy. Off your laptop you and rub hue sync which willDo the same as the tv sync. Then just connect your laptop to your tv. Will let you kind of try before you buy.

Never thought of that, I'll give it a try. In the process of re decorating so everything is everywhere. But when I get my bars mounted to the tv I'll give it a whirl.
Haircut_10011/12/2019 23:04

I've got a feeling that the price of the Hue Sync Box might drop a bit …I've got a feeling that the price of the Hue Sync Box might drop a bit after a few months. It's a nice product but the price is just too high, I could see retailers having to cut the price to shift them somewhere down the line. Actually what would be great would be if Xiaomi or someone made a similar box (that was compatible with Hue bulbs) at a fraction of the cost.

Price is very expensive. I was expecting about the £150 mark. And still would of had to have a think about it at that cost. I think someone else will make a similar product the compititon is far too healthy for them not to roll out a different branded version.
MrKrabs11/12/2019 23:19

I'm waiting to see if Santa bringing me one, however there are rumours of …I'm waiting to see if Santa bringing me one, however there are rumours of a hue sync app coming to xbox. Since I'd only be using it with the xbox I may hold on a little

Ah that's interesting. I'm kinda regretting not getting a mac mini when I sold my gaming laptop, as it would be perfect for the setup right now but I use my apple TV an awful lot and certain apps I'm attached too.
JimDut11/12/2019 23:46

I’m waiting / hoping the sales will knock it to the £180 mark which is st …I’m waiting / hoping the sales will knock it to the £180 mark which is still blummin expensive for what it is, but is at least comparable to what the US pay for it.

Buying from American amazon is always an option I suppose? I don't that with the original shield months before it came to the UK
Got mine last week and mixed reviews:

SET-UP

(1) BT Freeview Box
(2) Amazon Firestick
(3)Apple Tv
(4) PS4

So all 4 HDMI cables into the Sync box

Apple Tv whilst using the lights where not in sync until we turned off DOLBY

Firestick 4K all over the place because we could not turn off to Dolby so switched to a Earlier non Dolby Firestick problem solved

PS4 We had to turn down the high quality to a lower quality to get it to work.

BT Freeview touchwood no issues at all.

The app is pants because it sometimes it loses the connection with the box and you have to click on the app to let it know what HDMI port you are trying to use at any given time,also will only allow one mobile device to sign into the app so crap if your out and your partners having issues with the box because theres no way of telling the box what HDMI port to use.

When it's all working its awesome and you really feel immersed into the film or program you are watching.

Would I buy it again with the above set up NO

6/10
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants