Has anyone RMAed a faulty graphics card to Zotac?

Found 3rd Jul 2015
My GTX 465 was bought 4.5 years ago and has begun to play up. I bought it over a similarly price GTX 460 in 2010 because of its 5 year warranty. The issues are checkerboard artefacts on the screen followed by system crashes; frequent black screens followed by a Windows notification that the nvidia driver crashed and recovered; and other artefacts. Because these crashes only happen once every 10 hours or so, it is difficult to record evidence of faults and I suspect if I RMA it, they will return it back to me. Also, none of these faults seem to be brought on by gaming specifically and running a FurMark stress test does not cause anything to happen. It is not overclocked, neither by me nor out of the box. Also, there have been no hardware changes (e.g. PSU or motherboard) that could be causing this sudden series of malfunctions. Temperatures are, and have always been 90C on load.

I also don't know if there's any point in attempting to RMA - will they require I post it at my own cost to an international returns centre? I'd be grateful if anyone has used Zotac's warranty service before and can review it.
Community Updates
AskCardGraphics CardZOTAC
11 Comments
start the process it doesn't cost anything. they will ask for proof of purchase
You might get lucky and replace the card with something similar in perfomance buy but more recent card.
You might get lucky and they will replace the card with something similar in perfomance buy but more recent card.
For the record, Zotac were pretty good. Communication was a little slow, but over the course of a 10 days, I was given a UK address to send my card to (at own cost), waited a few days and then was told because they had no GTX 465s, they would replace mine with a refurbished GTX 760, which is a nice upgrade.
drspa44

For the record, Zotac were pretty good. Communication was a little slow, … For the record, Zotac were pretty good. Communication was a little slow, but over the course of a 10 days, I was given a UK address to send my card to (at own cost), waited a few days and then was told because they had no GTX 465s, they would replace mine with a refurbished GTX 760, which is a nice upgrade.

That's good, have you received the replacement yet?
nellygtfc

That's good, have you received the replacement yet?

I had it when I wrote that post. All is good with it.
drspa44

I had it when I wrote that post. All is good with it.

That's great, so you would say 10 days turnaround from start to finish?
drspa44

For the record, Zotac were pretty good. Communication was a little slow, … For the record, Zotac were pretty good. Communication was a little slow, but over the course of a 10 days, I was given a UK address to send my card to (at own cost), waited a few days and then was told because they had no GTX 465s, they would replace mine with a refurbished GTX 760, which is a nice upgrade.

Apologies dragging up an old post but I have not been able to get an RMA from Zotac , they keep asking me to return to seller . seller re-directs me to Zotac however

Do you have an Email for zotac ?
I first used some web form to email them and they replied to me on support@zotac.com . I told them I was in the EU and they redirected my email to rma@zotac.com . The place I eventually sent it back to was:

RMA Administration Team
Zotac Euro Service and Support
Unit 12, Headley Park 10
Headley Road East
Woodley, Reading
RG5 4SW
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1189 272233
Fax: +44-(0)1189 272299

Start with the rma@ email though. Hope this helps.
Anyone have a link or contact for RMA or how to do it?

zotac.com/sup…est doesn't work in the UK.

Thanks.
I would suggest emailing rma at zotac.com, as above.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions