Has anyone set up a Kodi MySQL database on a WD My Cloud?

Found 13th Apr 2016
I haven't been able to find anything that refers to this particular NAS.

I think it may be possible using the phpmyadmin app but haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. this is the Kodi wiki page on the subject; http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Community Updates
AskWestern DigitalKodi
5 Comments
I set it up on my DLink 320L NAS

Install phpmyadmin on NAS
Install Kodi on external device (All Kodi versions must be the same on all devices accessing the database)
Ensure all your videos are named correctly - you don't need separate folders per movie. Mine are in folders per year of release.
You need to create an "advanced settings.XML" file directing Kodi where to look for files
You also need to create a "sources.XML" again pointing to the locations of stored media
Do a quick Google search should come up with examples.
Both are stored on the device Kodi is installed on in Android/data/org.xbmc.Kodi/files/Kodi/user data

If you have issues pm me - using tablet at this time but will reply later with files if needed

Edited by: "philphil61" 13th Apr 2016
Ok thanks for this. My main confusion is how to create the mysql instance with phpmyadmin.

I currently have kodi running on a rpi2 with a local hard drive supplying the content, which works great. Aiming to move all the content to the NAS and run some other rpi2 kodi clients.

I'll see how i get on with configuring phpmyadmin/mysql and if needed i'll get back to you.

Thanks again!

Peter9588

Ok thanks for this. My main confusion is how to create the mysql instance … Ok thanks for this. My main confusion is how to create the mysql instance with phpmyadmin. I currently have kodi running on a rpi2 with a local hard drive supplying the content, which works great. Aiming to move all the content to the NAS and run some other rpi2 kodi clients.I'll see how i get on with configuring phpmyadmin/mysql and if needed i'll get back to you.Thanks again!

How to setup MySQL with XBMC using phpMyAdmin

kodi.wiki/vie…odi
This looks like exactly what i need.

Is the mysql server ip the same as the NAS ip, for use in the advancedsettings.xml?
Edited by: "Peter9588" 14th Apr 2016
Peter9588

This looks like exactly what i need.Is the mysql server ip the same as … This looks like exactly what i need.Is the mysql server ip the same as the NAS ip, for use in the advancedsettings.xml?

Yes

Can I just point out - that if you use the Reply button (top right of text window) the person you are replying to will be informed you have responded.

HTH
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants