Has anyone taken a 3 month payment holiday for a Halifax mortgage?

Posted 24th Mar
The following form allows for a holiday due to cronovirus.

halifax.co.uk/mor…asp

I've filled out but not received a text as mentioned on link (been over 3 days) , confirming if this has been accepted. My direct debit on my bank hasn't changed too. Not sure if request was rejected or if this normal due to high demand etc?

Can anyone help please.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Hi, can you absolutely not afford to pay your mortgage? If you can find a way to pay it I would recommend doing that - I am with Nationwide and was thinking about the mortgage holiday because I am self-employed and have no work now but taking one will INCREASE your monthly payments afterwards and may cause more difficulty later down the line. Only take it if it’s an absolute necessity.
Edited by: "Josh_H" 24th Mar
Josh_H24/03/2020 08:56

Hi, can you absolutely not afford to pay your mortgage? If you can find a …Hi, can you absolutely not afford to pay your mortgage? If you can find a way to pay it I would recommend doing that - I am with Nationwide and was thinking about the mortgage holiday but taking one will INCREASE your monthly payments afterwards and may cause more difficulty down the line. Only take it if it’s an absolute necessity.

Yes i absolutely need to which is why I'm applying for the holiday. Thanks for the response
Worth noting for others reading that while Nationwide and Halifax will increase monthly payments, some other providers just extend the term. There's a list on MSE.
guess it depends on how long they take to process the application. may be worth calling them to get more info.
I'm trying to look into it with HSBC. Took over an hour on hold to get through to them yesterday on the phone as they dont have an online form setup yet.

My wife got put on Furlough until the end of may so any sort of relief will be welcomed.

Those that have applied, do you know if there is a criteria that you need to meet in order to take the holiday or is it available to anyone that applies?
Taking a mortgage holiday will just benefit the banks in the long run, they'll accrue interest with the higher balance , why can't they just freeze the interest on the mortgage like they do with credit card debt.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants