Groups

Has anyone taken a TV to India from UK lately?

There are approximately 30% customs charges i heard. But when i workout it would be still cheaper to exporr it from UK. Any experiences or things i should know before i travel?

14 Comments

We got a flat screen there a while ago and wasn't crazy expensive, is it really cheaper to get it from here??

Atleast if you get from india you will be covered right

we took a TV a couple years ago to India but that went as luggage in its box. they have a fragile counter and it went via that. we didn't get any customs charges and my dad regularly takes electrical items. customs is hit and miss in India sometimes you're lucky and walk straight out other times they hound you until you give them some cash even if you don't owe anything they still try it on.

if you're talking about sending abroad via courier then I have no idea as I've never done that.

yeah I do it at least once a week if not more.

steveblackman

Do you mean you send through a courier? Which one??

Original Poster

Thanks for the responses guys...

I am planning to take it with me in the next couple of weeks. You only get local brands at reasonable prices. However, good brands are much cheaper here.....

I was looking for someone whom customs officials stopped and asked to pay some money. Just wanted to know what sort of amount should i expect roughly?

steveblackman

Lol

Just make sure you do this through the right Channels

slkluv

Thanks for the responses guys...I am planning to take it with me in the … Thanks for the responses guys...I am planning to take it with me in the next couple of weeks. You only get local brands at reasonable prices. However, good brands are much cheaper here.....I was looking for someone whom customs officials stopped and asked to pay some money. Just wanted to know what sort of amount should i expect roughly?

Which airport are you doing the immigration? If it is Major city ones like Mumbai or Delhi then more likely to be questioned and payment. I would recommend having INR in hand so you can pay that. Not sure if they accept cards for payment.

gnans

Which airport are you doing the immigration? If it is Major city ones … Which airport are you doing the immigration? If it is Major city ones like Mumbai or Delhi then more likely to be questioned and payment. I would recommend having INR in hand so you can pay that. Not sure if they accept cards for payment.

What is your plan B if tele failed to switch On in India?

Original Poster

Palwan

What is your plan B if tele failed to switch On in India?

I am going to make sure it is all working before i pack it up.....

Original Poster

gnans

Which airport are you doing the immigration? If it is Major city ones … Which airport are you doing the immigration? If it is Major city ones like Mumbai or Delhi then more likely to be questioned and payment. I would recommend having INR in hand so you can pay that. Not sure if they accept cards for payment.

Hyderabad Airport??

slkluv

I am going to make sure it is all working before i pack it up.....

That's plan A

slkluv

Hyderabad Airport??

I have heard Mumbai is worse and if you don't speak Hindi then its more trouble. If HYD is your base location and been through then you should be okay.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup35
      2. Need Some Help Connecting An Old Laptop To A New TV23
      3. buy to let mortgage44
      4. mobile phone advice needed please22

See more discussions