Groups
    EXPIRED

Has anyone taken on an ebay business seller?

I am going to start the complaints procedure against an ebay business seller for selling fake electrical goods that are unsafe.

I will start with ebay, then the manufacturer and on to Trading Standards.

Anyone ever made a complaint against a business seller on ebay? What is the process? I had been advised to report the item as it is more than the 45 days money back guarantee.

Anyone got experience of how good or bad Ebay customer service is?

18 Comments

first you will need proof they are fake, a letter from the manufacturer will do

Jist curious, how do you know the item is fake?

Had this before with eBay, they didn't give a toss once they refunded the item cost. This was despite the fact that the faulty USB adaptor created a power surge that burnt out my pc. I gave up with eBay after speaking to their legal team who never responded despite many promises to do. In the end I took up a small claims court case against the seller and won. I've never seen a penny after two years, and it's too risky paying the £200 court fee to seek to recover unpaid County Court damages. Btw the seller is called fulwholesales based in Bristol, they have been constantly named and shamed yet as far as I know they still trade on there.

The short answer is don't rely on eBay to uphold anything apart from their profit margin.

I tried something similar. Samsung Galaxy S5's when they first came out. £500 in shops. £379 on ebay. seems like a deal right? was in the ebay deals page for months.

Except the seller was selling US models not compatible with our 4G except one wavelength on Three and EE. This was not advertised and allot of people where being missold these Samsung Phones.

I contacted Ebay via the phone and the fella was very happy to take my report. I sent supporting evidence from Samsung to say 4G was not universal with ours on the US handsets.

Guess what? Ebay did frack all. And continued to allow the seller to sell them without warning customers. And the offer was kept on the Deals page.

Ebay do not care as long as they're making money. Tried to contact trading standards. No luck as the items were being sold from the channel islands.

Original Poster

RossD89

Jist curious, how do you know the item is fake?

it looks like a fake as i have a genuine one. it is not a very good fake.

in addition, it burns through exposing electrical wiring which could have caused the user a serious electric shock. this would never happen with a genuine established electronics manufacturer.

Original Poster

nickc74

Had this before with eBay, they didn't give a toss once they refunded the … Had this before with eBay, they didn't give a toss once they refunded the item cost. This was despite the fact that the faulty USB adaptor created a power surge that burnt out my pc. I gave up with eBay after speaking to their legal team who never responded despite many promises to do. In the end I took up a small claims court case against the seller and won. I've never seen a penny after two years, and it's too risky paying the £200 court fee to seek to recover unpaid County Court damages. Btw the seller is called fulwholesales based in Bristol, they have been constantly named and shamed yet as far as I know they still trade on there. The short answer is don't rely on eBay to uphold anything apart from their profit margin.

The best way to get the money is to instigate bailiffs who only cost £50 - £60 if they do not retrieve your money.

easy way to sort it. step 1. get address. step two. get a baseball bat. step 3. use your imagination. . . . .

imagination...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/7ac79c7667314d8f5afc066588a3b7b9/tumblr_n2anksbQDp1sksdxao1_500.gif

Are they based in the UK?
    Ltd co or sole trader?
    trading standards is a good place to go
    actionfraud.police.uk/fra…ods

I'm sure people will be curious as to why you couldn't spot the differences between your genuine one and the fake for over 45 days (unless you bought the genuine one later)

ebay is the last place I'd trust a random supplier for a good that is commonly counterfeited - no matter how good their feedback (people are often oblivious or understand it's a fake and feedback generally only tells you the item arrived and worked out of the box)

Ebay operate outside UK law as do paypal. Their moneyback procedure is fine for non-delivery but utterly useless apart from that. If you have a good credit card company you may have to claim on that. My mother had an issue with an ebay purchase but unfortunately her credit card company is Tesco Bank. Utter scum too. Luckily my credit card company is Capital One and I have found their customer service superb in these situations. They are easy and free to contact, efficient and fair. Tesco bank are the complete opposite. Moral of the story make ebay purchases with a credit card with good customer services and when I say customer services I don't mean just happy to refund charges on occasion I mean a company that will deal with chargeback claims professionally.

I'm quite a fan of Tesco the shop but their bank is horrific. Also bear in mind that with Tesco bank there are no freephone numbers, no online messaging, no way of contacting them without spending money. They make every process slow. Slow to respond. Have to involve third parties for absolutely no reason sometimes. They operate a shake off procedure making every claim difficult. My mother has been with them for about 15 years I think and the first and only time she has had to make a claim nothing but total *******

Edited by moderator: "Swear filter bypass" 20th Dec 2014

It's a bit difficult to pay by CC and not through PayPal, which means you lose s75 and have to rely on PayPal

Original Poster

declannn

easy way to sort it. step 1. get address. step two. get a baseball bat. … easy way to sort it. step 1. get address. step two. get a baseball bat. step 3. use your imagination. . . . .

I know where they live or where they claim to live so keeping this option open. LOL. X)

DennisG

It's a bit difficult to pay by CC and not through PayPal, which means you … It's a bit difficult to pay by CC and not through PayPal, which means you lose s75 and have to rely on PayPal

Relying on Paypal is the problem - I cannot understand why so many people actually use them and their adverts are a complete gimmick!

Ebay doesn't care.
    You have the seller's name and address from the sales record.
    Find the trading standards office nearest to him and submit a report to them for counterfeit, possibly unsafe goods.

tradingstandards.gov.uk/adv…cfm

Comment #7 has the right idea..............old school replies always get the best results....

You will get nowhere with ebay about about this matter try other routes.

Original Poster

missleading

Ebay doesn't care.You have the seller's name and address from the sales … Ebay doesn't care.You have the seller's name and address from the sales record.Find the trading standards office nearest to him and submit a report to them for counterfeit, possibly unsafe goods.http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

thanks for this. i did not know that i should refer it to his nearest trading standards office.
    the goods is unsafe alright as the electrical wiring became exposed which could have caused an electric shock. he also sells lots of other electronics goods, all of which he claims is genuine but somehow i doubt it from the price that he charges for them.

great-deals

Relying on Paypal is the problem - I cannot understand why so many people … Relying on Paypal is the problem - I cannot understand why so many people actually use them and their adverts are a complete gimmick!

S75 still applies to paypal if the seller is a commercial business and has a commercial entity agreement with paypal. How you know they have this for sure I don't know but I guess you can assume in the case of larger ebay sellers they must have because larger ebay sellers would have a merchant paypal account and have to sign the agreement I would of thought.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. pringles movie codes22
      2. Mayweather vs Mcgregor45
      3. Wallpaper and PVA11
      4. Google assistant notification57

See more discussions