Expired

Has anyone taken out advertising with appy-ppl ltd? Are people happy with them? Any info is much appreciated, thanks.

Found 24th Apr 2014
I may be taking out an advert through them to go into a voucher booklet which will be distributed in a local pub. Has anyone else done this and did it create much business? Thanks for any information.

Thread locked -A complaint has been made about the content of some of the comments within this thread. As website operators, HotUKDeals are bound by section 5 of the defamation act 2013. If you have received a notice of complaint, please refer to legislation.gov.uk/ukp…ted.
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Banned
Hi I did take an advert out with appy ppl just before Christmas, there was a delay with the print however after speaking to someone from appy ppl they explained this was due to the Christmas break and we received a copy of the brochure end of January so all in all not a bad experience.
James
i have just had my comment removed. i had a message to say that representatives from appy-ppl want this removed. would be good to hear some of your experiences though the a private message?
I have a feeling the only comment being deletes are those of us who have had good feedback to give. We have had no problems with this company and will be extending our contract.
I signed up to start advertising with them on lime restaurant in Nuthall u stopped payment because u didn't receive any thing from them and also I picked up a leaflet and there's no adverts on there for local businesses so I stopped paying so now there threatening me to go to court and for me to pay 8% costs which I am not happy with these threats .
I have just signed a contract with appy ppl for an advert in a take out menu for our local restaurant, it sounded like a good deal and with it being local I wanted to help then out. Wish I had read this first, i only gave them a deposit incash, didn't give them any bank details luckily. There is nothing they can do now without my bank details is there?
Original Poster
unappyuk

I have just signed a contract with appy ppl for an advert in a take out … I have just signed a contract with appy ppl for an advert in a take out menu for our local restaurant, it sounded like a good deal and with it being local I wanted to help then out. Wish I had read this first, i only gave them a deposit incash, didn't give them any bank details luckily. There is nothing they can do now without my bank details is there?

unappyuk all is not lost. I started this thread and thought I had been a victim. However, although it has taken 6 months the booklets have been printed and distributed and for me everything has turned out fine. I haven't had to harass them, but I have called them every month to check on progress. I really feel for those people on here who haven't had what they should have and I am fortunate that my situation turned out ok. (ps I haven't been recruited by them to write a good review and my account hasn't been hacked either! Just thought it was only fair to give you some hope as when I asked the question I was really concerned too.) Good luck!
Unappycustomer2014 you sound a right bitter twisted fool do you stalk for a living or do you really have a business!! Please let us know your company name so we can have a look at how your business is ran !! You don't sound the brightest when I set up in business I was always told to read things b4 signing them !! Put your contract on here n lets c if your real or just another s--t stirrer
In fact why don't all these customers put there contract on here n let's see if your real or is this another witch hunt probably set up by unappycustomer2014 ( Roy cropper )
Hiya I've been asked to take part in there venture with a local restaurant. What's people's thoughts please?
Just read all the posts on here regarding 'Appy-ppl Ltd- wish I had seen them first because it would certainly have deterred me from signing on the dotted line!!!! I will give them a chance - the advertising source I have been offered is 2 mins away so will be checking- watch this space!!!!
Anyone been taken to court for refusing to pay ?
All these 1 comment accounts oO
Hi, I don't know how serious this is, but I have been threatened with a court notice and therefor just paid a £200 cancellation fee this morning. I am interested in taking it further but don't know which way to turn to. I have called Trading standards, Fraud prevention team but unfortunately I have had no LUCK! I have paid Appy in total of £1,140 I can't afford to take it the legal way.....if you guys are taking it further then I am ready to unite in the good deed.
We have had exactly the same problem. We were advised the we should read clause 15 in the small print. it appears to be a rolling contract which you need to have cancelled within 6 months of the contract date.
It took thee months for the menu to appear in the restaurant !! We are all busy people avoid this company like the plague.
Do not give them a penny !!!!!!
Contacted Fraud Action today. Appy took my deposit in November and I have paid 4 of the monthly DD's. They said there had been a delay in printing again and should be ready in about two weeks (after the next payment is due)
Banned
looks like appy-ppl-ltd are not happy with this thread and are trying to spoil it
I can see some of the threads have been removed again .off krazyasif strange ...star1979 ,we all feel the same...
You can call them ! they will give you a crime number, give this to your bank so they put it on your account if they re-submit your direct debit mandate .

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions