Groups

Has anyone tried command hanging strips?

Hi,
    I want to use command strips to hang some pictures. Has anybody used them? I'm renting so I don't want to damage the paint.
    I'm concerned about them leaving shiny marks on the paint, the paint is matt and it marks easily.
    Thank you

12 Comments

Speak to your landlord I'm sure you could both come to a compromise

I've used the clear hanging hooks around the windows and was less than impressed they didn't hold my xmas lights for long.
    But when I removed the sticky part there was no mark.
    Now I don't really know what the effect on matt paint will be. just trying to give you a general idea.
    Also Im sure your landlord would not object to hanging up pictures if the walls and woodwork didn't look like swiss cheese afterwards + post above

Edited by: "VCB-160" 7th Apr

a tre

they are only as good as the surface you put them on we have a few missing bits of lining paper

I've used them to hang a picture wall. Work really well. Been up for 2 years removed some and no marks. I've used the hooks at Xmas and they pulled chunks off another wall

yes totally fine used it for years.

Original Poster

my contract says:

"​that no picture or other object will be hung, stuck or affixed in any mannar to any of the walls in the property except by using a reasonable number of recognised commercially produced picture hooks properly affixed and any damage, marks or holes tothe walls to be made good by the tenant at the end of the tenancy"

I'm going to ring the agent in the morning to check if I it's okay. I just wanted to know how happy prole have been with them and if they have left any greasy marks.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies. If the agency agree I think I will give it a go.

A10510m

my contract says:"​that no picture or other object will be hung, stuck or … my contract says:"​that no picture or other object will be hung, stuck or affixed in any mannar to any of the walls in the property except by using a reasonable number of recognised commercially produced picture hooks properly affixed and any damage, marks or holes tothe walls to be made good by the tenant at the end of the tenancy"I'm going to ring the agent in the morning to check if I it's okay. I just wanted to know how happy prole have been with them and if they have left any greasy marks.

The small hole from a picture hook nail should be ok. In our last place we filled the hole with matching nail polish (even a tiny dab of the correct paint should work) we never had a problem.

Thought they were great when i first used them. When i removed them all to decorate last year, they pulled all the paint off with them.

Use them for everything, never had any problems peeling them off of our matt painted walls either. They're a godsend, mainly because i'm so bad at diy so it means you get a few tries at getting things straight :')

I saw this in Dunelm, It's called Takker apparentlt it only leaves a 1mm hole, there's a video on the web site to watch. I've been looking myself for clothes hanging hooks. I looked at the command ones but they are very expensive and don't have a very good weight limit. I've bought some cheap one's from Home Bargains, less than a pound for four self adhesive, although they seem to fall off within a day.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553762
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      3. word association Game73844456
      4. Royal Mil track and trace45

See more discussions