Groups

Has anyone tried one of these?

Okay, so I was looking around at how to ket tv on my pc and discovered this:
    ebay item no. 230165551770
    Has anyone tried one of these? Are they any good?
    I presume that I don't even need a TV tuner card in my pc... is that right?
    And do I require a tv licence for this?

All help apprecited. :thumbsup:

7 Comments

1) I have one.
    2) The aerial that comes with it isn't strong enough in my area so I needed to plug it into my roof arial.
    3) If you have a device that can receive TV signals then you must have a TV licence.

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply.

The aerial did look pretty feeble, sounds good though, will save me having a seperate tv...

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets

we bought one a few months ago, it never worked and the tv mast is just … we bought one a few months ago, it never worked and the tv mast is just above us. personally i'd buy a tv

Thanks for the reply, think I'll be a little pushed for space with a tv aswell.

Banned

I've got one and it works fine, just dump that rubbish aerial and plug into a roof or indoor aerial. And you can record tv from it too
    Yep you need a licence if the property doesn't already have one.

I've got one, Doesn't work with the little portable aerial, Works well with the roof/loft aerial fine though, Can record, use time-shift etc!

had one of these. if you dont want to connect it to the roof antenna then buy a signal booster and a proper external aerial and you should have a good signal.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies , have now bought one, will hopefully work with the aerial I've got that has a built in amplifier.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941343
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions