Groups

Has anyone tried the credit card 0% savings account thing

Banned
    Has anyone tried the credit card 0% savings account thing. Where you get a 0% credit card for a limited time and take the money out for investment, i.e. savings account, and ever made any money.

I known for balance transfers they tend to charge a fee, which I think usually outweighs the money made via the savings.

Oh I understand the student overdraft accounts are great for this, as there are no withdrawal fees

7 Comments

You could do it the other way around - use the card to buy stuff, and then just move the real money to a savings account via BACS.

Think you have missed the boat on this one, savings rates are crap now compared to a year ago when you could get 6-7%

Original Poster Banned

deanos;5702755

Think you have missed the boat on this one, savings rates are crap now … Think you have missed the boat on this one, savings rates are crap now compared to a year ago when you could get 6-7%

Yeah I realise that, but I just wondered if anyone ever sucessfully made any cash from it :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Jakg;5702729

You could do it the other way around - use the card to buy stuff, and … You could do it the other way around - use the card to buy stuff, and then just move the real money to a savings account via BACS.

What real money? Oh I get it, you use the credit card for all your purchases and move the money you have in your current account set aside for this into your savings. Yeah I suppose that would work,

it worked well for me.. i did it with a 9 month interest free on purchases and made all my work payments on the card. Moved all my claim money to a high interest account, and paid off the card after 9 months.. easy money

unileeds;5703400

it worked well for me.. i did it with a 9 month interest free on … it worked well for me.. i did it with a 9 month interest free on purchases and made all my work payments on the card. Moved all my claim money to a high interest account, and paid off the card after 9 months.. easy money

and made how much profit?

well a 1000 a month on average is what i spent on my card. Assuming £9000 at 5.5% for 9 months.. roughly £250-£300
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846180
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764241
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31144
      4. Find out how good your GP surgery is67

See more discussions