Has anyone tried the lobster tails from Lidl/Aldi?

Found 20th Dec 2015
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
Yes it tastes as nice as major brands but is a bit on the small side-one per person
The Iceland one's a wee bit bigger but £5
I don't like it cold so warm in water and serve with butter and a twist of lemon with a nice salad.
PS remember to slowly defrost thoroughly first
Edited by: "sowotsdis" 20th Dec 2015
sowotsdis

Yes it tastes as nice as major brands but is a bit on the small side-one … Yes it tastes as nice as major brands but is a bit on the small side-one per personThe Iceland one's a wee bit bigger but £5I don't like it cold so warm in water and serve with butter and a twist of lemon with a nice salad.PS remember to slowly defrost thoroughly first

Thanks. It's only going to be used to do a prawn & lobster cocktail (salad) so I don't need much meat, just needed to know if it tasted ok as some people were saying it was horrible.
I might give these a try. Do you know the price of them please?
Angel_Of_The_North

I might give these a try. Do you know the price of them please?

It's £4.99 for two tails I think.
Aiden1512

It's £4.99 for two tails I think.

Thank you. Its only me that likes seafood so would only want 1. Wouldn't mind freezing the other if they're on a pack of 2.
Angel_Of_The_North

Thank you. Its only me that likes seafood so would only want 1. Wouldn't … Thank you. Its only me that likes seafood so would only want 1. Wouldn't mind freezing the other if they're on a pack of 2.

I do t think they're that big tbh, so if you like seafood you may as well eat both.
Aiden1512

I do t think they're that big tbh, so if you like seafood you may as well … I do t think they're that big tbh, so if you like seafood you may as well eat both.

I suppose it would be rude not to! X)
Thanks for your help xx
tried the 6 pack of jumbo prawns last week - looked impressive in teh box but once de-headed and shelled there was not so much meat on them ..... but tasted good

going to get two packs of the tails for Christmas Day starter along with some king prawns

EliTom
elitom

tried the 6 pack of jumbo prawns last week - looked impressive in teh box … tried the 6 pack of jumbo prawns last week - looked impressive in teh box but once de-headed and shelled there was not so much meat on them ..... but tasted goodgoing to get two packs of the tails for Christmas Day starter along with some king prawnsEliTom

Aw snap. That's what we're getting ours for. Just hope they taste good.
having said that above - I also tried the cooked tailed king prawns in tempura batter with chilli sauce - pack of 10 for £3 I think - they were very nice

EliTom
I bought the whole lobster from Iceland - it was nice BUT very little flesh when stripped - would not buy again!
The crayfish in a pot is very nice in a cocktail.
mousey

I bought the whole lobster from Iceland - it was nice BUT very little … I bought the whole lobster from Iceland - it was nice BUT very little flesh when stripped - would not buy again!

Can you remember how much it was?
stuarthanley

The crayfish in a pot is very nice in a cocktail.

Thanks for for he recommendation Stu, I'll give it a go.
Mine had enough for one very small sandwich,wouldnt buy again.
Aiden1512

Thanks for for he recommendation Stu, I'll give it a go.

I did prawn cocktails not so long ago using them. Really nice. They're from lidl x
stuarthanley

I did prawn cocktails not so long ago using them. Really nice. They're … I did prawn cocktails not so long ago using them. Really nice. They're from lidl x

I'll look out for them. they can accompany the lobster.
Aiden1512

I'll look out for them. they can accompany the lobster.

Save me a seat x
stuarthanley

Save me a seat x

X)

Goes without saying.
I have crabs, to go with your lobster and prawns.... oO
Splodger101

I have crabs, to go with your lobster and prawns.... oO

Errrr... oO

Yes and they were awful.
damster

Yes and they were awful.

Oh...:(

Any suggestions where it would be better to get them from?
Aiden1512

Oh...:(Any suggestions where it would be better to get them from?

Honestly have you got a local fishmonger near by? Go and have a look I found ours much cheaper. Even threw in a bag of muscles too.
damster

Honestly have you got a local fishmonger near by? Go and have a look I … Honestly have you got a local fishmonger near by? Go and have a look I found ours much cheaper. Even threw in a bag of muscles too.

There's only one place that sells fresh seafood near us, and he has to order in lobster/crab and we've left it too late.

I'll just get the Lidl one, they can either like it or lump it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions