Has anyone tried white butter? ....it looks nasty

20 replies
Found 18th May 2009
I had a baguette earlier after we ended up buying Flora White and it literally looks like a tub of grease...what's everyone think about it?

It almost put me off my sandwich.

1. Misc
  2. Butter
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Butter
20 Comments

I thought it was just to use in cooking

it's for cooking isn't it?

Making White Flora part of your healthy lifestyle

White Flora margarine is a healthier alternative to lard or shortening – we’ve created it especially for pastry making, shallow frying and roasting. As it has less fat than traditional lard it’s not suitable for deep-frying.

flora-professional.co.uk/whi…e=1

yeah greggs put white butter on their rolls, spread it on thick too.
doesn't look good but tastes great imo.

Flora white is only used for baking you numpty, we use it in the school puddings

Banned

RFM a thread about butter, i love it .... cuz ur always saying shes 'butterz' on msn lol

Original Poster

bitseylango;5252408

Flora white is only used for baking you numpty, we use it in the school … Flora white is only used for baking you numpty, we use it in the school puddings

Are you sure, that's not what some others are saying...don't make me think I'm doing stupid things all the time...I get enough of that as it is. :giggle:

DangerGod;5252428

RFM a thread about butter, i love it .... cuz ur always saying shes … RFM a thread about butter, i love it .... cuz ur always saying shes 'butterz' on msn lol

That's cos it's all about the butter.

Didn't they used to make butter from the nasal discharge of cows?

I can't believe it snot butter.

realfriendlyman;5252512

Are you sure, that's not what some others are saying...don't make me … Are you sure, that's not what some others are saying...don't make me think I'm doing stupid things all the time...I get enough of that as it is. :giggle:

It's true. It's a cooking marge

flora-professional.co.uk/whi…e=1

flora light is what you need.......flora white is an alternative to lard, I would never put it on a sandwich, as you say its so greasy. We use it in place of lard in pastries and sponge puddings

Original Poster

bitseylango;5252644

flora light is what you need.......flora white is an alternative to lard, … flora light is what you need.......flora white is an alternative to lard, I would never put it on a sandwich, as you say its so greasy. We use it in place of lard in pastries and sponge puddings

Ewwww....this is why I normally do the shopping instead of Mum...I feel sick that I ate butters (slang for ugly) butter. :giggle:

I was wondering why it's something like 95% pure fat but my mum told me it's fine. :oops:

realfriendlyman;5252719

Ewwww....this is why I normally do the shopping instead of Mum...I feel … Ewwww....this is why I normally do the shopping instead of Mum...I feel sick that I ate butters (slang for ugly) butter. :giggle:I was wondering why it's something like 95% pure fat but my mum told me it's fine. :oops:

bless......chuck it out and by a nice spread tomorrow Or bake some cakes :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bitseylango;5252741

bless......chuck it out and by a nice spread tomorrow Or bake some … bless......chuck it out and by a nice spread tomorrow Or bake some cakes :thumbsup:

Can you honestly imagine me baking cakes? :giggle:

I do some cooking and have had experience with pastries....so it looks like I've already rubbished my original comment. :giggle:

I'd rather bake cakes with the kids though and laugh at all the mess. :lol:

realfriendlyman;5252819

Can you honestly imagine me baking cakes? :giggle:I do some cooking and … Can you honestly imagine me baking cakes? :giggle:I do some cooking and have had experience with pastries....so it looks like I've already rubbished my original comment. :giggle:I'd rather bake cakes with the kids though and laugh at all the mess. :lol:

Im making butterscotch tart on Friday, yummy, might do an extra one just for me :-D

Original Poster

bitseylango;5252934

Im making butterscotch tart on Friday, yummy, might do an extra one just … Im making butterscotch tart on Friday, yummy, might do an extra one just for me :-D

Do you need some spare white butter...I've got a big tub of it sitting in my fridge? :-D

realfriendlyman;5252973

Do you need some spare white butter...I've got a big tub of it sitting in … Do you need some spare white butter...I've got a big tub of it sitting in my fridge? :-D

LOL! i shall give you a shout if I run out!

Banned

bitseylango;5252408

Flora white is only used for baking you numpty, we use it in the school … Flora white is only used for baking you numpty, we use it in the school puddings

Are you sure its not LARD !!!:whistling:

Lurpak unsalted used to be very white, although an acquired taste I love it.

Banned

My partner and I bought this stuff - really quite good and a lot cheaper than lube.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5253576

My partner and I bought this stuff - really quite good and a lot cheaper … My partner and I bought this stuff - really quite good and a lot cheaper than lube.

Are you saying I've been eating your lube? :giggle:

I checked the pack today and it's definitely not a new form of butter. :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244916
    2. Add one, leave one game54415442
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226645
    5. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075

See more discussions