Has anyone upgraded from S7 edge to S8 Plus?

Found 14th Feb
is it worth the upgrade from the s7 edge to the s8 plus?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I've gone from the S7 edge to the S8. The display is the main reason I upgraded and it is the main difference between the phones! The S8+ is larger than the S7 edge so it might be difficult to hold. I am satisfied with the upgrade but if the display doesn't bother you then it's not really worth the upgrade
I'm sure you'll find the S8 a great phone, I wouldn't pay the extra for the + personally..
I'd recommend googling the difference between s7 and s8 and compare what you actually use/ need in a phone to see if it's worth it for your personally.

You probably have been given a decent offer to upgrade in light of the S9 due at the end of the month.. but I'm sure you can't get a cracking deal on that
Direct comparison between S7 Edge, S8 and S8+ HERE
My son just had his S8 returned to him because the screen broke. He had it in a case and with a screen cover on it. Cost £250 for new screen
patti3 h, 5 m ago

My son just had his S8 returned to him because the screen broke. He had it …My son just had his S8 returned to him because the screen broke. He had it in a case and with a screen cover on it. Cost £250 for new screen

Neither a case nor a screen protector are going to guarantee against impact damage for any phone, which I assume is what happened here?
I went from the s6 edge to the S8 standard. I personally wish I went for the S8+ just for the extra screen. But not that bothered either way.

The infinite display is amazing. A large upgrade over the s6, that being the edge to edge style and the HDR colours on HDR content.

The phone feels like an iPhone in its build quality. Very thin, the first think it reminded me was off the iPhone 6 onwards.

I'm not sure the specs are a great step over the S7, but the shape is a good step in the right direction.

Only issue is. There's no longer a finger print read at the bottom of the phone. It's rather annoying to use the face scanner (I now use the iris scanner as it's more accurate).
And the finger print scanner is next to the camera. Which on the S8 isn't much of an issue but the S8+ it's slightly further up the body.

Their both great phones, along with the note 8. But if you wait it out you'll get an S8 with loads of data once the s9 is out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants