Has anyone upgraded to the iPhone 4 from the 3GS and regretted it?

9 replies
Found 6th Oct 2010
Just reserved my iPhone 4... Can pick up today at 5:30 - just wanted to know if it was worth the upgrade.

9 Comments

Me !!! Not worth the extra cost unless you can get it for free upgrade..lol

But I am getting to it now as good camera n nice design..lol

No regrets at all.

A few things to check when you pick your Iphone 4.

- Check that the camera works. (One friend got one and it did not work)
- Check that you can hear properly when you make/receive calls (take the plastic off first)
- If by any chance you get the Iphone with firmware 4.0 or 4.01 do not upgrade to the latest in case you fancy jailbreaking the phone.

enjoy your new phone

Original Poster

heovang

Me !!! Not worth the extra cost unless you can get it for free … Me !!! Not worth the extra cost unless you can get it for free upgrade..lolBut I am getting to it now as good camera n nice design..lol

No chance of getting it as a free upgrade (I'm on a very old Tmobile contract tariff - so I buy all my phones)

Did you buy yours or get it on an upgrade - would you say go for it, or keep my 3GS?

Me neither, no problem loosing signal, infact I get 3G where I couldnt before which is great for sitting at my desk not doing any work

none whatsoever its a big jump imo

A lot of people (me included) have a problem with the proximity sensor muting or calling other people during a call. The sensor detects your face is up against the phone and turns the screen off only it doesn't on the iPhone 4 because the 2nd camera is right next to the sensor. That's the worst problem you might face (terrible pun I know).

cultofmac.com/iph…776
Edited by: "mittu1" 6th Oct 2010

iPhone 4, is probably the best phone in the market, taking design, features and alot of other things into account. I couldnt live without it, i hardly use the computer now aswell do everything from my iPhone.

Original Poster

Well I did get it... Have not noticed much difference other than the flash, certainly don't think its worth the extra money therefore it's going back tomorrow :-(. Will keep my 3GS - feels alot better in the hand anyway.

Thanx for your help peeps...

Pr3cious18

Well I did get it... Have not noticed much difference other than the … Well I did get it... Have not noticed much difference other than the flash, certainly don't think its worth the extra money therefore it's going back tomorrow :-(. Will keep my 3GS - feels alot better in the hand anyway.Thanx for your help peeps...

see..lol..but you will love it in a week..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***620
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2232
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2762
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114650

See more discussions