Has anyone used Allen Carr's Easyway Book/Clinic??

Just wondering, thinking of getting this book/ booking a clinic for a family member who smokes, and I've heard that it's really good, has anyone here used it and what was the result?

12 Comments

Original Poster

for smoking

Went to a seminar on the 28th aug and not smoked since,had smoked 20 a day for 30yrs and now dont even miss it

Original Poster

wow :O how much did it cost?

ettam123

Went to a seminar on the 28th aug and not smoked since,had smoked 20 a … Went to a seminar on the 28th aug and not smoked since,had smoked 20 a day for 30yrs and now dont even miss it

629 5 star ratings out of 708 should tell you all you need to know.
Amazon

ettam123

Went to a seminar on the 28th aug and not smoked since,had smoked 20 a … Went to a seminar on the 28th aug and not smoked since,had smoked 20 a day for 30yrs and now dont even miss it

My mum had smoked since she was 14, got up to probably 35-40 cigarettes a day for over 40 years, and has now been free of the nicotine monster for over 8 weeks - this is about 8 weeks longer than she's ever given up before!

She attended one of the seminars/clinics by Allen Carr, and can highly recommend it.

moejoejoejoex

wow :O how much did it cost?

It's £220 or £195 if you pay online via Payal. No brainer if it works.
easywaymanchester.co.uk/boo…tml

I gave up smoking 6 weeks ago(this friday)....no books,patches etc etc and am finding it surprisingly easy!

If your family member really wants to give up they will do.....the book is good,a friend of mine used the book and she found it very useful and certainly worth a tenner spend(or whatever it costs) however paying £200 for a seminar seems somewhat excessive!!

Willpower and a real desire to succeed costs nowt and that is what I recommend.A tip......when you get a pang for a ciggie go and do something, ANYTHING for 5/10 mins.....polish a table,clean the sink...the craving soon passes you just have to make sure you don't give in to it.The cravings become less frequent and last for not so long over time......6 weeks on and I hardly get a craving at all now.:)

Original Poster

But I also read, that there's a guarantee with the cost, so you'll get it back, if you 'say' your still smoking after 3 months

muckypup

I gave up smoking 6 weeks ago(this friday)....no books,patches etc etc … I gave up smoking 6 weeks ago(this friday)....no books,patches etc etc and am finding it surprisingly easy!If your family member really wants to give up they will do.....the book is good,a friend of mine used the book and she found it very useful and certainly worth a tenner spend(or whatever it costs) however paying £200 for a seminar seems somewhat excessive!!Willpower and a real desire to succeed costs nowt and that is what I recommend.A tip......when you get a pang for a ciggie go and do something, ANYTHING for 5/10 mins.....polish a table,clean the sink...the craving soon passes you just have to make sure you don't give in to it.The cravings become less frequent and last for not so long over time......6 weeks on and I hardly get a craving at all now.:)

I would buy the book first and give it a try,a lot of people give up after reading it,after I did the seminar my hubby told his pal and he bought the book and stopped and has passed it on and the other guys stopped too

I've read the whole book and it sure did help me give up there's something about it which just makes you stop, but months down the line I started again and I've now been smoke free for a year or so by using ecigs! But I recommend you read the book.
Edited by: "exStudent" 29th Dec 2010

i read the book i gave up for around 6-8months, came to a point where i was thinking one more wouldn't do any harm, thats when i knew i had lost it, first 5 months didnt bother me at all, its worth a go anyway got nothing to loose, i also have the dvd, going to try again

I read the book and stopped smoking on 24th April 2005! I have never had the 'urge' to smoke since. Yes, I do occasionally think about it but the book kind of reconditions the way you think about smoking so you dismiss the idea after a few seconds. Only thing I would say though is that YOU have to want to stop, and you need to read the book properly and digest it. If there's something you don't undertand go back and read it again until it sinks in. I know a few people who have sucessfully stopped after reading this book and would recommend it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions