has anyone used Book your theory test with PASS protection?

Found 19th Nov 2015
I want to book a theory car test for my husband. can anyone advise me if this company is any good. apparently they do unlimited re-sits for around £40, but they are not associated with DVSA.
my husband is likely to do at least 2 resits. I want to take the initiative to get him moving. DVSA charge less for a test but you have to pay for re-sits. any advice much appreciated.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskBook
12 Comments
what?!

You deal with DVSA direct for booking tests.

It's £23 for a theory test. Don't mess around with other companies - It's really not worth it.
You seem to have a lot of faith in him if you expect him to resit it at least twice oO:p
I've never heard of that company, that's not to say that they're not legit or should not be used, but whenever I spoke to anyone regarding my theory or practical test I had it drummed into me to go via the official website. I appreciate that failing your tests and resitting can become quite a serious cost, however, I personally wouldn't risk it - especially if their not associated with DVSA or DVLA.

I would book the official way for a few months in advance and then look at buying some study materials for your husband so he can practice in the meantime. I found the computer Driving Test Success discs to be the best for me.

Possibly having the 'one chance to pass' may actually spur your husband on more, rather than the 'unlimited chances'. Just my opinion though, good luck to him whatever you choose!
Original Poster
I DO have a lot of faith...that's WHY I said at least 2re-sits! If I'm honest it will be more. he's taking it very casually.
Look at the T&C's

You just need to score 90% or more in all of our topic tests and pass 10 … You just need to score 90% or more in all of our topic tests and pass 10 mock theory tests before your actual test to show us you are fully prepared. If you fail, to be eligible for PASS Protection Plus you need to have met the training requirements in step 3 above AND score at least 35 out of 50 in the multiple choice questions part of the test and score at least 40 out of 75 in the hazard perception part of the test - these scores are not hard to achieve.

Bare in mind to pass you need 43 out of 50 and 44 out of 75 respectively to pass. So in order to get a retake "free" you need within about 15% of passing anyway.

IMO your better off lending the current years official DVD's from your local library taking the mock tests until your constantly passing then take the real test.
On the hazard perception click when you first see the hazard then a second or so later as its easy to click too soon.

If you pass first time you've saved £18 and a lot of hassle, if you pass second time you lose £5, but save a lot of hassle. Fail 3 or more times and your doing something seriously wrong.
Original Poster
thank you for your replies. I totally agree booking the test from the official site. just wondered if anyone had any experience with them. hopefully having to pay for each test will make my husband study more for it. I'm just fed up having to drive everywhere. I think I'll tell him he should stop taking me for a chauffeur and do something about it...
Original Poster
joedastudd

Look at the T&C'sBare in mind to pass you need 43 out of 50 and 44 out of … Look at the T&C'sBare in mind to pass you need 43 out of 50 and 44 out of 75 respectively to pass. So in order to get a retake "free" you need within about 15% of passing anyway.IMO your better off lending the current years official DVD's from your local library taking the mock tests until your constantly passing then take the real test.On the hazard perception click when you first see the hazard then a second or so later as its easy to click too soon.If you pass first time you've saved £18 and a lot of hassle, if you pass second time you lose £5, but save a lot of hassle. Fail 3 or more times and your doing something seriously wrong.

thanks ..problem is IMO he will only study seriously when he loses some money by failing. he is doing the mock tests online but then loses interest and stops. recently I lied to him that I had booked his test after 2 weeks then he started to study again.
penniesinmypocket

thanks ..problem is IMO he will only study seriously when he loses some … thanks ..problem is IMO he will only study seriously when he loses some money by failing. he is doing the mock tests online but then loses interest and stops. recently I lied to him that I had booked his test after 2 weeks then he started to study again.

Sounds like he needs a kick up the backside. If he wants to pass the test let him book it himself, you can't always carry someone they need to stand up on their own two feet.
penniesinmypocket

I DO have a lot of faith...that's WHY I said at least 2re-sits! If I'm … I DO have a lot of faith...that's WHY I said at least 2re-sits! If I'm honest it will be more. he's taking it very casually.

Most of the theory test is common sense anyway..
The theory test is far too easy. Plenty of information and simulators on line for free!

If he can't put the effort in to learn enough to pass the theory test, he shouldn't be on the road anyway.
The only thing you need to pass is DVSA Official Theory Test Kit 2015 and The Official DSA Theory Test for Car Drivers Book . Its about 15 quid each on Amazon. The book has almost all the questions used, and the DVD lets you practice the perception test. Both can be sold on ebay afterwards.
Its not difficult, but you do need to read the book as the passmark is too high to reliably guess your way through. Some of the answers are oddly written, so basic exam technique, RTFQ!
Edited by: "airbus330" 19th Nov 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants