Has anyone used DeezLoader, Freezer, or any other dowloaders for Deezer or Spotify?

Posted 11th Nov 2020
My subscription for Spotify is ending and I was thinking about setting up an account with Deezer again but then I came across these programs/apps and thought that I might look into using them with a free account.

Has anyone tried any of these services?

I watched a video showing DeezLoader downloading playlists from Deezer to a Windows PC as well as being able to do the same for Spotify - that would be great to get some of my favorite Spotify playlists saved offline permanently (that's one of the big downsides of streaming services - when they remove older albums and tracks).
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Used deezloader a few months back. To rebuild my music library, worked flawlessly with no issues. I do it every so often so I have a hard copy if I ever decide to stop subscribing.
  2. Avatar
    I apologise it's £3.8542573975-ZuVG4.jpg
  3. Avatar
    Not used DeezLoader but don't think any of them can actually download from Spotify, most will claim they do but will source the song at Deezer so if you're after any Spotify exclusive stuff, you won't get it.

Anyway, I've used d-fi in the past and it works great.
  4. Avatar
    deleted246599511/11/2020 17:46

Deezloader downloads from Deezer - it imports the spotify playlist and …Deezloader downloads from Deezer - it imports the spotify playlist and then downloads the content that it can find in Spotify - apparently D-fi? That's one I've not come across - cheers. I'll have a look once I've sorted out the kids dinner!

Yeah same with d-fi, if you give it a Spotify or Tidal link it'll just source it from Deezer.
  5. Avatar
    deleted246599511/11/2020 17:49

Does it download the tracks in real time or is it more like when you …Does it download the tracks in real time or is it more like when you download Spotify or Deezer in app?

Like in app downloads, takes a few seconds per track.
  6. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    Ferris11/11/2020 18:59

Is there a modded version of Spotify that allows free downloads?

No. Spotify pretty hot on that kind of thing, Deezer less so.
  7. Avatar
    Deezloader is a solid app. Got it on my phone and songs download in a matter of seconds. Should definitely try it out.
  8. Avatar
    Just get Deezer through a Brazil VPN. I pay about £3 a month for a family account.
  9. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    Paddy_o_furniture11/11/2020 17:14

Just get Deezer through a Brazil VPN. I pay about £3 a month for a family …Just get Deezer through a Brazil VPN. I pay about £3 a month for a family account.

I've been reading through the deezer vpn options - I've not read anyone who has managed to get payment pushed through recently. When did you set yours up?

But I would like to use something like what I mentioned to keep some of my favorite playlists.
  10. Avatar
    deleted246599511/11/2020 17:21

I've been reading through the deezer vpn options - I've not read anyone …I've been reading through the deezer vpn options - I've not read anyone who has managed to get payment pushed through recently. When did you set yours up?But I would like to use something like what I mentioned to keep some of my favorite playlists.

I've had it for years.
  11. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    Paddy_o_furniture11/11/2020 17:32

I've had it for years.

I figured - unless something drastic has changed, it's not possible to get the cheap VPN based subs for spotify or deezer anymore.
  12. Avatar
    What about a modded version of Spotify. If you're on Android?
  13. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    McShane111/11/2020 17:40

Not used DeezLoader but don't think any of them can actually download from …Not used DeezLoader but don't think any of them can actually download from Spotify, most will claim they do but will source the song at Deezer so if you're after any Spotify exclusive stuff, you won't get it.Anyway, I've used d-fi in the past and it works great.

Deezloader downloads from Deezer - it imports the spotify playlist and then downloads the content that it can find in Spotify - apparently

D-fi? That's one I've not come across - cheers. I'll have a look once I've sorted out the kids dinner!
  14. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    McShane111/11/2020 17:47

Yeah same with d-fi, if you give it a Spotify or Tidal link it'll just …Yeah same with d-fi, if you give it a Spotify or Tidal link it'll just source it from Deezer.

Does it download the tracks in real time or is it more like when you download Spotify or Deezer in app?
  15. Avatar
    I tried Napster once
  16. Avatar
    Paddy_o_furniture11/11/2020 17:44

What about a modded version of Spotify. If you're on Android?

Is there a modded version of Spotify that allows free downloads?
  17. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    Maverick7711/11/2020 18:43

I tried Napster once

I remember waiting ten minutes to download one 96k track over dial up. Ah... mammories.
  18. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    Jammytoastt__11/11/2020 19:10

Deezloader is a solid app. Got it on my phone and songs download in a …Deezloader is a solid app. Got it on my phone and songs download in a matter of seconds. Should definitely try it out.

Just had a look at it, how do you actually log into it, do you need a user token?
  19. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    Jammytoastt__11/11/2020 19:10

Deezloader is a solid app. Got it on my phone and songs download in a …Deezloader is a solid app. Got it on my phone and songs download in a matter of seconds. Should definitely try it out.

Do you use Deezloader or Deezloader Remix? (I'm assuming the former)
  20. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    I'm giving Freezer a try and so far, I'm really impressed at how slick it is.

Any suggestions for decent playlist converters so I can move my stuff over from Spotify? The in-app one on Freezer is limited to 100 tracks at the mo.