Has anyone used Districtwidget?

Found 17th Jun
Hi,

I am looking for a action cam,and I would want to avoid buying it from eglobalcentraluk.com as this is not UK based. So looking online bumped into this website districtwidget.com. It looks like they have the office in Sheffield and they accept PayPall. On truspilot they have only 5 reviews.

Anyone bought something from them ?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Scam advisor

Avoid is probably a good idea.
According to Whois.com website registered 19/4/18, registrants details private and based in Toronto
AVOID
The Portergate
Google street view of their contact address
I had a look, and the Portergate is an 'office' building, but....it is curious that they(the site above) say *Note: No Return Shipment is accepted at this address

Looking on trustpilot, the reviews seem genuine but...
Edited by: "Racky" 17th Jun
Just did a final search on Companies House and District Widget is not on their Register.
I would not trust any reviews on TrustPilot.
We’ve done due diligence checks and found no creditibility to the company which has surfaced less than 3 months ago.
AVOID
Thanks for all your efforts . I will keep my eye on the known sites. Maybe some offers will pop :). Thanks a million !
I went to the address where they say the are based. Reception told me they have never heard of them, hence why they don't accept returns at that address!
Good to know. Can we do anything to report them on TrustPilot ? Because this results that those reviews are fake
I placed an order for a Nikon lens with Districtwidget.comm and then cancelled the order. They said it was already shipped and offered for me to return it, which I did straightaway. They acknowledged receipt of the returned lens but then refused to give me my money back saying: "Unfortunately, as we have a lot of return cases, we cannot guarantee when we can process your refund." They stopped answering emails and did not return my money.

The address on the website is fake. Supposedly they are in Langham Place Shopping Mall which they're not. No one ever answers the phone on the website.

After filling a dispute with PayPal I eventually got my money back via PayPal with no further contact from District Widget.

Never buy anything from this company. Avoid.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants