Posted 23 February 2020

Has anyone used gamecards.net?

Hey, I was looking around the internet for some game prices and came across gamecards.net.

They seem to have some good prices, which raised my suspicions. Has anyone used these guys before?
Community Updates
New Comment

35 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    whois.com show website registered in 2004, but Scamadviser.com declines to comment??
    However looking at the address shown on the websites as 103 Harehills Lane Ruckinge TN26 2GR, Harehills Lane is not in Kent (corresponding with postcode), but is in Leeds.
    The Instagram icon does not link to Instagram, all the FAQ section only refers to PS4, no mention of pc games or Xbox. No full T&C’s or returns section.
    Personally I would avoid to save upset anddisappointment. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for the reply. Your diligence and investigative work is much appreciated!
    Zero company disclosures, blag address. TP account is hilarious, but also tragically indicates how TP can be very easily abused.
    I bought the CoDMW. They sent me one other user account. I could download from there the game on my own account. It's working yet. I just hoping it still working. but I'm very disappointed. I've bit of scaring. But I hope the best
    Hey man, did it steal money from your credit card, because I recently bought a game from there, and I am a bit scared.
    It would be really helpful if you replied .
    Absolutely no idea how their service works so I can't help there. I'm sure someone will though. Sounds a bit like a 'gameshare' scenario that they are pulling? Are they that much cheaper than other retailers?

The thing I'd be more wary of is - no contact number for queries. Just Email. Also, the address seems odd. The postcode doesn't exist and Google Maps can only find partial matches? Then there's the T's & C's that explicitly state "No refunds."

Just my personal observations...
    The fact they're selling FIFA 20 (PC) at £35.99 tells you all you need to know!
    Phsycronix06/11/2020 15:30

Absolutely no idea how their service works so I can't help there. I'm sure …Absolutely no idea how their service works so I can't help there. I'm sure someone will though. Sounds a bit like a 'gameshare' scenario that they are pulling? Are they that much cheaper than other retailers?The thing I'd be more wary of is - no contact number for queries. Just Email. Also, the address seems odd. The postcode doesn't exist and Google Maps can only find partial matches? Then there's the T's & C's that explicitly state "No refunds."Just my personal observations...

I'd not got that far into the site but all great points that make have made my decision for me. Cheers.
    FritzDuo06/11/2020 16:49

I'd not got that far into the site but all great points that make have …I'd not got that far into the site but all great points that make have made my decision for me. Cheers.

As with many users on here who ask similar questions about various sites - it's all about perception. They may well provide you with what you are after but as many suggest (if you care to Google) - they may not come from legitimate sources. If you're ok with that - fine.

Here's another "Review" site that suggests some doubt in their 'services' on offer:

scamdoc.com/vie…323

Also suggests that some customer 'reviews' are also fake. Who can say for sure? What I do know for sure is; with everything seen; I wouldn't be trusting them with my data or custom.
    My mom has bought me crash bandicoot on there. I have installed the game and still playing without having any issue.
    did you read my review ?? where it said all instructions were followed ...the guy whos email we were using changed his password !!!! and we WHERE LOCKED OUT OF THE GAME this site promised lifetime access ...you pay for a service you should get it ...if you want to be an idoit feel free i m just letting people know my honest experience and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to enter a code and i ll buy from wherever i want ...but i better get what i am paying for or else regardless i want my money back ...but thanks for that awesome advice
    Shame google continues to let sites like these be too hits on searches
    I bought from them after Google suggested there Re best price. Its a scam
    I wanted some advice before buying from Gamecards. Net. The FAQ shows a video how to install the games and they provide an email and password for a new PS4 log in, but state "never log back into this account" once you've installed the game. Anyone know why? Or bought from them before? They have a good trustpilot score but I'm worried games won't work if I want to buy DLC or use DLC later.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
    Phsycronix06/11/2020 15:39

This Reddit might also be worth a …This Reddit might also be worth a gander:https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/favx44/is_gamecardsnet_legit_this_price_seems_too_good/

I didn't even thing about "Ask Reddit". Great link and after reading the comments I'm sticking well clear. Just sounds too ropey. I'll spend an extra couple of quid (as someone else said) and get a physical copy.
    Phsycronix06/11/2020 16:54

As with many users on here who ask similar questions about various sites - …As with many users on here who ask similar questions about various sites - it's all about perception. They may well provide you with what you are after but as many suggest (if you care to Google) - they may not come from legitimate sources. If you're ok with that - fine.Here's another "Review" site that suggests some doubt in their 'services' on offer:https://www.scamdoc.com/view/131323Also suggests that some customer 'reviews' are also fake. Who can say for sure? What I do know for sure is; with everything seen; I wouldn't be trusting them with my data or custom.

Yeah. Spot on.
    Has anyone used this site before?
    Looks cheap but trustpilot reviews aren't giving me much confidence.
    Stick with the ones you know when it comes to this stuff
    Shopto / cdkeys tend to be the cheapest for me
    Hello,

Has anyone used a gamecards.net to purchase a digital game?
    the prices are so tempting but I cant find any reviews.
    Thank you in advance.

eve
    I haven’t used gamecard.net.
    I use cdkeys.com and find them cheap.
    Really easy to install as well (edited)
    deleted262323303/12/2020 18:14

My mom has bought me crash bandicoot on there. I have installed the game an …My mom has bought me crash bandicoot on there. I have installed the game and still playing without having any issue.

Is it still working now? Considering getting ps5 games from them but not sure
    They give you a log in which has the game on it so you can download it. You then have to set their log in to your primary user so you can play on your profile. I tried this but wasn't able to so I can't play the game. Wasted £28. Tried contacting 2 days ago, no response yet. I would opt to pay an extra £10-20 and get the real thing
    absolutely disgraceful site disgraceful attitude and disgraceful customer care ...i bought minecraft from them believing i was buying a genuine mojang account ....however this is when the NIGHTMARE began after purchase i was sent instructions for game which i followed however i had to enter someone else`s email address and password !!!! then log out and access game ..which i did .. we kept being frozen out of the game then it said LOCKED OUT OF THIS GAME ...i contacted them and was told look at our returns policy in other words cheerio as they ignored any of my other emails ( I OPENED A BANK DISPUTE AND GOT MY MONEY BACK )

IF YOU GO TO THEIR RETURNS POLICY ...GAMECARDS, REFUND POLICYGameCards. does not issue refunds or accept returns and/or exchanges for any prepaid game cards under any circumstance. All sales are final. The codes will not be replaced if they are lost or stolen.
    colm_mcerlain05/02/2021 22:31

absolutely disgraceful site disgraceful attitude and disgraceful customer …absolutely disgraceful site disgraceful attitude and disgraceful customer care ...i bought minecraft from them believing i was buying a genuine mojang account ....however this is when the NIGHTMARE began after purchase i was sent instructions for game which i followed however i had to enter someone else`s email address and password !!!! then log out and access game ..which i did .. we kept being frozen out of the game then it said LOCKED OUT OF THIS GAME ...i contacted them and was told look at our returns policy in other words cheerio as they ignored any of my other emails ( I OPENED A BANK DISPUTE AND GOT MY MONEY BACK )IF YOU GO TO THEIR RETURNS POLICY ...GAMECARDS, REFUND POLICYGameCards. does not issue refunds or accept returns and/or exchanges for any prepaid game cards under any circumstance. All sales are final. The codes will not be replaced if they are lost or stolen.

Wow thank you for Sharing this information I was just about to purchase AssassinsCreed Valhalla, it seemed cheap compared to other places. You’ve saved me a lot of time and money.
    You probably shouldnt use the site. Word is that sites like those - who don't offer PayPal as a payment method, and who only sell accounts, not the actual games - steal those accounts from other people or use stolen credit/debit cards to to buy the games on the account. This allows them to sell the account, and because of Playstation sharing, all users on the console will be able to access the game. Also, they still have full access to the account after you buy it, so they can do stuff like change the password or delete the account at any point. I also think that these types of sites are illegal.....
    Why does it have so many positive feedback on trust pilot website? Well I don't trust. I will wait till the games price drop which it inevitably will.
    Ive bought from here and still ok for now. It's exactly the same as game sharing, if you don't know how to do that, probably best buying elsewhere.
    Jak_carn27/03/2021 09:07

Why does it have so many positive feedback on trust pilot website? Well I …Why does it have so many positive feedback on trust pilot website? Well I don't trust. I will wait till the games price drop which it inevitably will.

All fake 🏻
    Hi all. I see GameCards.net are selling games as digital apps Accounts, where they send you login details for a Pats account, which allows you to download the game to your PS5 and play using your own existing profile.

Is this true? Is there anything that this limits?

Has anyone had any experiences with this company? Thanks.
    I bought tiny Tina’s wonderlands. Didn’t realise they gave you an account to log into not a code. Had problems. They sorted it. Was annoyed as it took time to sort it. Then I did the game bought the dlc and now that doesn’t work. I saved £10 and gained loads of hassle and now am buying the disc version anyway. I wouldn’t use them
    Yes, bought last of us part 1 PS5. So what they do is send you someone else account details, and get you to download the game to install it. i complained and called them scammers on a review site so they kept my money and deleted the account.SCAMMERS!!
    Purchased FIFA 23 from them, thinking I am getting a digital code. Stupid me didnt read the small letters. They give you AN ACCOUNT that you have to have on your console permanently and enable sharing between accounts so you can play it on your account. Every other day that account magically disables the sharing. Every time I contacted them the ''admin'' told me to login back to the purchased account and enable the sharing again.

A week ago the ''purchased account'' kicked us out. When I contacted them they said that there is an issue on their end that they will resolve and come back to me within 48 hours. They didn't. I contacted them again only to be asked ''Why I am not playing the game from my account'' when I already told them that the purchased account has kicked me out meaning the sharing is not even valid anymore. When I replied asking for a refund I was told that Sony has banned the account because I didnt follow the rules. Which is a blatant lie as EVERY TIME even when I knew it was the ''sharing'' setting, I was contacting them only to be given the same instructions which I was following...

They are probably a bunch of scams sharing the same account with few different customers. Give you a grace period and then change the account password claiming the customer didn't follow the rules, only to sell it to the next victim.

If you value your money DO NOT BUY FROM THEM !!!
    I bought fc 24 from here, it was working for a week and then suddenly whilst I was playing it logged me off the game and stopped working. So I got in contact to let them know about what happened. I asked them to resolve the issue, they sent me a set of instructions to follow which I did but still wasn’t working. They kept on sending the same set of instructions, I told them multiple times it wasn’t working after I followed the instructions.I asked for a refund but they declined and said I already played the game. I was disappointed and honestly so frustrated by this FRAUD company. Please whoever is reading this do not purchase from here your game will stop working after a week. PS they’ll probably reply to this review like the other negative but true ones with “can you get into contact with us”
    I got into contact with them before I posted this
's avatar