Posted 20th Nov 2021
My EE broadband contract is expiring in a few days. I'm looking for a new provider. I received a letter from G.Network with a free 6 months offer but I don't know if they're any good and how long installation appointments take.

If anyone has experience with them, I'd appreciate it if you could share.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    I have been with Community Fibre for the last 12 months and their service is fttp directly to your premises. If GNetwork is like that then you'll have great service compared to copper service. My service has been flawless and I am on the 150/150mb service and on speed tests I get 152/162mb everytime.

Community Fibre ran their cables to every flat in my block and they did it just before covid kicked in. Once they had their cables run and made installation slots available, they were available to come around from the following day for installations. So I am sure you wont have to wait for too long for an engineer to come around and install the service for you. The future for home/business broadband is fttp that is provided by companies like GNetwork, Community Fibre and others. (edited)
  2. Avatar
    Author
    rimz79020/11/2021 15:48

I have been with Community Fibre for the last 12 months and their service …I have been with Community Fibre for the last 12 months and their service is fttp directly to your premises. If GNetwork is like that then you'll have great service compared to copper service. My service has been flawless and I am on the 150/150mb service and on speed tests I get 152/162mb everytime.Community Fibre ran their cables to every flat in my block and they did it just before covid kicked in. Once they had their cables run and made installation slots available, they were available to come around from the following day for installations. So I am sure you wont have to wait for too long for an engineer to come around and install the service for you. The future for home/business broadband is fttp that is provided by companies like GNetwork, Community Fibre and others.

Thanks for this and I'm glad that you're getting great service from Community Fibre. The 1st I heard of that company was yesterday. I've just checked and it doesn't look like their network covers my area
  3. Avatar
    Redoblivion20/11/2021 16:44

Thanks for this and I'm glad that you're getting great service from …Thanks for this and I'm glad that you're getting great service from Community Fibre. The 1st I heard of that company was yesterday. I've just checked and it doesn't look like their network covers my area

Yeah its usually one company getting the green light to run their network in specific areas. The issues you'll have with fttp service is if someone cuts through the fttp cable, where as copper lines are prone to more faults due to the copper network being old and mixed up with aluminium cables on route from point a to b.

Never had drops in speeds with my fttp service and only had maintenance down time with my service.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    rimz79020/11/2021 17:03

Yeah its usually one company getting the green light to run their network …Yeah its usually one company getting the green light to run their network in specific areas. The issues you'll have with fttp service is if someone cuts through the fttp cable, where as copper lines are prone to more faults due to the copper network being old and mixed up with aluminium cables on route from point a to b.Never had drops in speeds with my fttp service and only had maintenance down time with my service.

Sounds like a great improvement from standard broadband.
    I know what you mean re: telephone exchange lines looking like spaghetti. I had so many problems when I was with Sky. It was just awful. It hasn't been as bad with EE and their customer service/technical support is a lot more efficient, I must say. Shame staying with EE is not cost-effective.
  5. Avatar
    rimz79020/11/2021 15:48

I have been with Community Fibre for the last 12 months and their service …I have been with Community Fibre for the last 12 months and their service is fttp directly to your premises. If GNetwork is like that then you'll have great service compared to copper service. My service has been flawless and I am on the 150/150mb service and on speed tests I get 152/162mb everytime.Community Fibre ran their cables to every flat in my block and they did it just before covid kicked in. Once they had their cables run and made installation slots available, they were available to come around from the following day for installations. So I am sure you wont have to wait for too long for an engineer to come around and install the service for you. The future for home/business broadband is fttp that is provided by companies like GNetwork, Community Fibre and others.

I need to get your building directors to persuade mine to allow Community Fibre to wire up the block. They have laid their fibre right across the street but our geriatric board thinks British Telecom is good enough.
  6. Avatar
    No experience but I have seen their fibre installation crew digging all over London, including posh neighbourhoods like Kensington. (edited)
  7. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    bozo00720/11/2021 12:39

No experience but I have seen their fibre installation crew digging all …No experience but I have seen their fibre installation crew digging all over London, including posh neighbourhoods like Kensington.

Bet those Kensington residents love that….oh the dust from you digging up the pavement has made my Bentley dirty.
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Yeah, they've been in my area too.
    Just saw their customer service and technical support are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. So what happens when your connection is down on the weekend? (edited)
  9. Avatar
    bozo00721/11/2021 10:00

I need to get your building directors to persuade mine to allow Community …I need to get your building directors to persuade mine to allow Community Fibre to wire up the block. They have laid their fibre right across the street but our geriatric board thinks British Telecom is good enough.

Tbh I live in Tower Hamlets and never had any correspondence from CF up until the week (a few weeks before covid kicked in) before they started wiring up our borough of London. They were given the green light by the council and went full on running their cables all over Tower Hamlets. There are some blocks of flats near by that have had the main cables coiled up outside the blocks but didn't go further due to covid, and heard they'll be coming back around to run it all properly soon.

After my service was setup, a few months down the line BT's service went down for a day or two in my area and I was glad I had jumped from BT to CF (edited)
  10. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    bozo00721/11/2021 10:00

I need to get your building directors to persuade mine to allow Community …I need to get your building directors to persuade mine to allow Community Fibre to wire up the block. They have laid their fibre right across the street but our geriatric board thinks British Telecom is good enough.

Probably because they are getting back handers from BT